Views
Helpful
Replies

SpeakerTrack TrackingMode

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

The api command "xconfig cameras SpeakerTrack TrackingMode" seems to be a little confused as far as the documentation goes.

In the TC7.3 documentation, it says it can have a value of Default or Fast.

However if I actually log in to an endpoint running TC7.3, it gives values of Default or Conservative.

Can someone clear this up, and maybe provide some metrics of how fast the camera will re-locate to a new speaker based on the setting used, or the delay length?  I'm trying to find if it's possible to get slightly better switching performance for the SpeakerTrack.

It looks like the default may have simply been switched at some point from the Conservative setting to the Fast setting, but the documents were never updated.

7 Replies 7

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't have a SpeakerTrack system in my environment at the moment to double check that, but I agree, all the documentation does say "Default/Fast".

If you're trying to speed it up, in one of the earlier software releases (I'm not sure if it's still there), there was a command in the Experimental section that sped up the response.  You could try on yours to see if it's still there:

xConfiguration Experimental FastSpeakerTracker: On

Another thing to check would be that you have the two cameras correctly cabled to the endpoint - others have reported that having the wrong HDMI cable connected for each of the two cameras had also caused a slow tracking issue.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I don't have a SpeakerTrack system in my environment either.  :-)

This is an hypothetical question posed for a client, as they've been in a demo with the ST60, and found the amount of delay disconcerting and want to know if it can be adjusted downwards a bit.

The Experimental setting does not appear to exist in TC7.3 any more.

We got the same problem with a large customer - and we have a system with SpeakerTrack to test on but we have nothing to test - the fast tracking seem to have disappeared and the conservative mode has come instead.. which we're not sure exactly what does..  :) 

PGE_JosephHiatt
Level 1
Level 1

I have multiple SpeakerTrack systems in my environment the older ones have a 'fast' option for trackingmode.  The new ones have default and conservative and 'default' is too slow to track speakers.

The experimental command mentioned is not available on 7.3.3.

We're still testing and it doesn't look good for the SpeakerTrack brand.

macdonaldmauye
Level 1
Level 1

did anyone find a solution to this. We have a big client and the speaker trackin gis slow and has also failed to zoom into the person seated in straight line of site to the camera. It just defaults to wide view rather than focus on the person speaking. Is there any solution to this kind of challenge. We have a webex room kit plus with quad cameras even installed 3 mics in the room but no change. Kindly assist if any1 knows any solution to this.

Try enabling diagnostics mode, my guess is the facial recognition is not "seeing" the person you are referring to, in diagnostics mode you will be able to see if it is or isn't, it will put boxes around what it recognises as faces. Is this person facing the camera? I'm guessing not. Also I have in the past seen issues with anti glare eyeglasses, if they are wearing glasses have them try taking them off. I have been on the customer side and have installed well over 100 Speaker Track systems of all types and have not seen this be an issue. If the person is not facing the quad cam unit facial recognition probably won't work and you'll get the wide view as you described. 

One other FYI note - you mentioned you added Mics - that's not a factor. Speaker Tracking systems (any of them) have mics that are just for audio triangulation. The mics used for audio in the room aren't used for Speaker Track. 

For macdonaldmauye -

Do you have more than one Quad Camera hooked up to your Codec Plus?  If so, that is your problem. A single codec can have only one Quad Camera.

If you have a conference room where you need more than one Quad Camera, that is a custom solution that we can help you with.

Engage your collab account team and have them contact me. We have many customers in this category.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: