cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Split presentation and video recordings in two streams output.

manuelsanchez
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way a recording with TCS to generate an output of the video and other for the presentation of the same session?

Thanks,

Manuel

8 Replies 8

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

By default, no, I don't believe you can do that.  

I guess you could do some magic with a bridge and send the normal video to one recording alias and the content to a second recording alias to do what you're after.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I was thinking in something like that, but to do that, I will need two videoconferences codecs right? Or there is any MCU configuration that allow me to send them separately?

No, you only need one codec - just send the normal video and the content to the MCU - then from the MCU, send the normal video to one recording alias and the content channel to a second recording alias.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne , Could you please guide me through this setup . 

I would like to send normal video to first alias and content to second alias . 

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

The TCS can record and stream both main video and H.239 content - Record 5 and Stream 2 live (unicast only in latest version).

Since software version S5.3 (with the appropriate licencing on 2nd Generation Hardware), you can do 10 Records and 2 live streams (an additional 5 record from the previous software) up to a maximum of 100 concurrent on-demand recordings on a cluster of 10 Content Servers.

Wayne

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

MAybe I misunderstood the question

Are you looking to have one conference recorded that has both Main video and Content then stream that out so that streaming viewers will see the both the main video and content.

Or do you want to record one conference with Main Video and Content then seperate them and stream them seperatly???

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Currently not possible, the TCS will send out a single stream of both the video and content in that one stream.  I believe in previous versions of the TCS software, I think pre 5.0, it did do a dual stream, however those two separate streams would still be shown in a single window when viewing it on the TCS.  The downside of the dual streams was that one stream could get ahead or behind the other.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: