Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Splitting screen licenses among multiple virtual TelePresence Servers

Dear All,

I plan to order PMP-Advanced licenses which has 11 screen licenses included. My customer opts to have 2 pcs of BE6000 Medium Density servers rather than 1pcs of BE6000 High Density server to achieve 16 HD ports in total to mitigate hw-related risks. My question is about licensing. When i received PAK from Cisco, will it be possible to split it into 2 parts one of which will be used for the first vTS and another one is gonna be used for the second? Since serial numbers of vTS shall be different i need to upload screen license in a seperate fashion. At the end of the day, the first vTS should be licensed with 4 screen licenses and the second vTS should be licensed with 4 screen licenses. May be the remaining 3 screen licenses will be used later on a 3rd vTS in the future. Is this scenario applicable?

Thank you in advance.

Regards, Ahmet Hudai KOYUNCU CCNA Voice, CCNA Security
4 Replies 4

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Typically with PAKs you can choose to fulfill a specific quantity of sub components across multiple serial number i.e. screen licenses. You would need to make sure you have base license keys for two vTS instances.

Just check your design you will provide redundancy but possibly reduce your capacity if you have a large number of participants and use cascading.

Thank you very much heathrw. 

According to the kitlist given below, it seems that PMP-advanced purchase allows activation of 3 different telepresence servers. Am i right? Meanwhile, you have mentioned some constraints about cascading. Do you mean 720p limitation on cascaded participants? I'd appreciate if you could share cascading limitations.

Item NameDescriptionQuantity
TP-PMP-K9Personal Multiparty Licensing per Named Host1
LIC-AES-VTS-PMP-K9AES and HTTPS option for VTS3
LIC-VTS-PMP-K9Cisco VM TelePresence Server Release Key3
LIC-VTS-PMP-PAKPAK for e-Delivery Virtual TS Lic1
VTS-PMP-K9Cisco VM Telepresence Server3
LIC-VTS-PMP-1SLCisco TelePresence Server Resource License11

Regards,

Hi,

With cascading conference there will be a port reserved on each vTPS for every cascaded conference. If you have two cascaded conferences there will be four ports reserved that will connect them together. Depending on how it is used, the video resolution, etc this could consumed the vTPS quite quickly. The conductor will attempt to try use resources on a single TPS where possible when the conference is created. Cascading can be disabled by conference.

You have 11 x Screen licenses which is effectively 22 x 720 ports (or 11 x 1080, and depending on what your content is transmitted at).

Map out the your use case scenarios and if you will be using CMR/VMR, scheduled or ad-hoc (phone conference button) then work out the best way to scale.

Check out the latest conductor admin guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/conductor/admin_guide/TelePresence-Conductor-Admin-Guide-XC3-0.pdf

Thank you...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: