Views
Helpful
Replies

SQL old express > new 2008

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi!

I am going to convert an old Windows 2000 based TMS install with an SQL 2005 to a new Win2008R2 Win server with an external SQL 2008 sql server.

What I noticed is that the original server has: SQL_Latin1_Gernal_CP1_CI_AS set up and not

Latin1_General_CI_AI as defined in the install guide.

Is this a problem or can it be somehow converted? At least it can not simply be switched (see attached file)

Till now there was no info on issues with the database.

I do not want to set up the TMS new as there are many systems behind firewall.

I also noticed that the compatiblity level is set to 2005(90) should this be changed or kept?

Besides that, the SQL server is indepentent, I just wonder how to create a database user,

a regular local acount can not be selected and ceating some new user also fails on me.

So if you have any tip there, feel free as well :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We recently did a similar upgrade (from express 2005 to 2008).  The collation on the new server couldn't be set to what was in the documentation, but it was confirmed by our local Cisco representative, and we're successfully running with it set to "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS".  We have the same setting for our SQL 2008 Content Server Cluster database too.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: