Views
Helpful
Replies

SX 10 bandwidth usage

Suchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have connected SX10 over the WAN & TX rate set as 768 K. However when i initiate a three party conference from a branch as below.

Branch 1 to HQ

Branch 1 to Branch2

I can see WAN utilization around 800K in Brach1 & Branch2 , but WAN utilization around 1.5 M at HQ. Is that mean the actual conference host is HQ?

TMS & Teleprcense server provide resources for conference.

Please advice

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The "conference host", once the call is escalated from a point to point to your multi party call would be your TelePresence server - so each endpoint would have their 768k call to the TPS (which I am guessing is located at "HQ") from their branch locations.

The exception to this is when an endpoint is capable of hosting a "multisite" call itself (with appropriate licencing) - but the SX10 is not an endpoint capable of doing this.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The "conference host", once the call is escalated from a point to point to your multi party call would be your TelePresence server - so each endpoint would have their 768k call to the TPS (which I am guessing is located at "HQ") from their branch locations.

The exception to this is when an endpoint is capable of hosting a "multisite" call itself (with appropriate licencing) - but the SX10 is not an endpoint capable of doing this.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: