cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX 10 SX 20?

Ed Kender
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - we have a mix of SX 10's 20's and 80's in our network.  They all register to CUCM 10.5.  The codecs are on TC 7.3.4 and we do not have the multisite license for any of them as we use an external bridge for more than point to point. 

When on a video call with an SX20 a second audio call can be brought into the conference.  When we try to attempt the same thing with the SX10 all parties go to audio and the video goes away when the second audio call is dropped the point to point video re-establishes.  IS this a limitation with the SX10?

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm not in front of an SX10, but you can check how many active calls the SX10 is capable of using the web interface, go to: Configuration > System Status > SystemUnit.  My assumption, and looking at the data sheet, is that it's only capable of supporting one active call at a time due to it being an entry level endpoint and it might not support the processing power to host multiple calls at the same time.

I have an SX10 in front of me here - under CE8.0.1 it doesn't report any max number at all, so I'd have to assume it's 1.

Under TC7, it reports MaxNumberOfActiveCalls: 1

So, yes, it does appear that the SX10 is only capable of a single video call, and any multiple party conferencing would rely on your CUCM/TPS/Conductor.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Aaron Wilson
Level 5
Level 5

SX10 on 7.3.4 is limited to 1 call period. SX20 without multisite can do 1 video+1 audio.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: