Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sx-20 CONFIGURATION

Hello all.

I need to set up a videoconference CX-20 directly behind a router doing NAT.

Anyone know how to configure it?

I can not get incoming video.

thanks.

10 Replies 10

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You may want to check out the SX20 Administrator Guide as that details the NAT settings and ports that need to be opened on the firewall.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne

You're welcome.  If you're still having difficulties, you might want to check out this thread in the telepresence part of the forums which has some troubleshooting of a similar device behind a DSL router.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responsed and to mark your quesion as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne and thanks for your response.

I have read the information you tell me "behind a DSL router EX90", but my problem is incoming calls from jabber video.

Outgoing calls and incoming calls from other SX-20 work fine.

I have spoken with support and i need a VCS.

Thanks

Hi Eduard,

Thanks.  Good to hear you've got it working between proper endpoints.

The connectivity to the Jabber Video Client (espeically the "free" one and not part of an enterprise deployment) can be a bit tricky.  In general, yes, it is recommended that you ahve a VCS, but for a small, single endpoint installation, this is a bit silly, and you should be able to get it to work over SIP, although the SIP configuration does need a gateway/proxy - so worst case scenario, you'd need to connect to an external SIP registrar.

In the majority of cases, when a call works, but with audio or video only going one way, there is usually a firewall issue at one end or the other that is preventing the traffic.  In addition to the other documents I linked, please check this one which has a table showing some of the other ports used by the Jabber Video Client when talking to a WebEX session, but will be similar when talking inbound to your SX20.

I've just found your other thread in the TelePresence section of the forums where you've detailed your issue in a bit more detail than here.  I'll add any further responses to the other thread.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your quesion as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Hi Wayne and thaks for your response.

I detail more clearly the status problem,  call flow and network infrastructure if anyone has any idea.

• PROBLEM:

The main target is being able to call the SX20 from free-jabber clients. (jabber.com)  By now, from the SX20, we can call free-jabber clients, other videoconference devices (sx20, tandbergs, etc); from the outside the SX20 can only be called from other videoconference station but no from free-jabber clients, the calls seems to ring on the SX20 but pushing the button 'answer call' doesn't have any effect: the free-jabber client keeps ringing.

• CALL FLOW:

jabber video (registered in jabber.com) => WAN ip addres in my router => NAT ports to SX-20 LAN ip addres

The NAT ports are:

1720 TCP - 5555 to 5580 TCP - 1719 UDP - 2326 to 2485 UDP - 5060 TCP/UDP - 5061 TCP - 2776 to 2777 TCP/UDP

• NETWORK TOPOLOGY:

One Cisco BE6000  one SX20 and one Cisco router translating some ports for the SX20

From Cisco TAC, they say that i need VCS with Provisioning option and TMS if i want  receive calls from jabber video.

Thanks

See this documents for ports required for "free" JabberVideo:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-23227

And no, you don't need VCS with provisioning option nor TMS for this, that only applies to "enterprise (on-premise" JabberVideo.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hi Jens and thakss for your response.

I already have these ports opened and don't work.

I think I'll install VCS as recommended in the TAC

Anyone know what  incorporates the VCS bundle in BE6000?, VCS C + VCS EXpresway or only VCS C?

Thanks

The VCS-E Starter Pack would probably be the better solution considering your deployment, this will also give you some "enterprise" Jabber Video licenses as well;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11305/ps11315/ps11337/data_sheet_c78-697075.html

Please note you need the dual NIC option if you're NAT'ing.

/jens

Hi Jens and thaks for your response.

I see that VCS Starter Pak Express  is the best solution, but I can do the same with the incorporated VCS  budle on BE6000?

Thanks