Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX-80 Default IPv4 address

Just purchased two SX-80 conference devices (no remote, no touch panel) and am trying to find out if there is a default IPv4 address to get into the web configuration page.  Is there one?  What is it?

If there is no default, can a local DHCP assign one? i.e. is DHCP set up as its default?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

What screen exactly did the SX80 sit at?

Try setting the following option in the codec's configuration, it sets how many touch panels the codec should expect to be connected.

Peripherals Profile TouchPanels: 0

View solution in original post

The below API command can get you past the startup wizard, start searching for "Experimental" in the web interface and it will appear.

xConfiguration Experimental RunStartupWizard: True/False

Regarding the "camera not detected" message, see thread: cisco-sx80-removing-no-camera-connected-warning-osd.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Paul Braatelien
Level 1
Level 1

By default the systems are set to DHCP. I would connect a display to it and wait for the main page and (depending on the settings) you will see the IP address. If not, you may have to search for it on the subnet.

Thanks, Paul.

After I posted this, I started playing around with it.  I have a DHCP server application I can run on my laptop and got into it that way (e.g. used the IP it assigned to get in and then set the static IP).

Unfortunately, when you first fire the thing up, it sits and waits for a touch panel to be connected, and does not show the IP address.  Now I'm wondering if it will ever let me get by that screen since we do not have a touch panel, nor a remote controller.  It just sat there waiting, and waiting, and waiting . . .

Again, thank you for the answer.  Even though I figured it out on my own, it would definitely have been helpful since the manual does not say anything about DHCP being on by default.

What screen exactly did the SX80 sit at?

Try setting the following option in the codec's configuration, it sets how many touch panels the codec should expect to be connected.

Peripherals Profile TouchPanels: 0

Thanks, Patrick.

I got hold of Cisco support, and that did get us by the initial desire of the device to connect up to a touch panel.  However, It seems that the CE firmware REALLY wants to have a Cisco remote, or touch panel.  Once we got past that screen we then had a screen that says, "Let's get started." with an arrow inside a circle . . . i.e. use your touch panel or remote to continue with the setup wizard . . .

We ended up downgrading to TC 7.3.6 and that is working fine . . . sort of.  Now it displays a 'camera not detected' flag even though we've told it there are no cameras . . .

Oh for a simple integrator VTC codec that doesn't try to be everything for everyone . . .

Anyway, thank you for the correct suggestion.

The below API command can get you past the startup wizard, start searching for "Experimental" in the web interface and it will appear.

xConfiguration Experimental RunStartupWizard: True/False

Regarding the "camera not detected" message, see thread: cisco-sx80-removing-no-camera-connected-warning-osd.

The thread you referenced gave the correct answer.  The live support people kept trying to tell me it would never go away unless we used Cisco cameras . . .

Anyway, the IP thing is good, we are now past the touch panel problem, and are now onto a couple other things that support says should work but aren't.  I think I may be better off sitting down and reading through the entire administrators manual myself.

Thank you everyone for your help.  It was all right on the money.