Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX 80, precision - 60 camera Physical installation question

For SX 80, precision - 60 camera Physical installation question, do we need to give provision for HDMI and data cable ?

Distance between Codec rack and Camera is 30M, 30 M distance is allowed ?

Please let me know physical dimension of the precision - 60 camera.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Tamer Ozbay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can find the CAD drawing of the Precision 60 camera at the attachment.

You can use standard CAT 6 cable for camera signalling and external power for Camera power at 30 meter distance.

For HDMI cable it is written on the technical documents up to 15 meters but  you can find some 30 meters quality HDMI cables and you can use this cable but before the usage you need the test this cable at locally. If you can not find you can use HDMI extender active devices in the middle of the 30 meters.

Best Regards.

View solution in original post

Yes, you need HDMI and the Ethernet for the camera video and control respectively.

If you need to extend both a long way (up to 300'), and want to save on cabling costs, we've recently been introduced to these products which look to do a nice job of it: http://www.soundcontrol.net/products/remotecam5/

I haven't used any yet in my installations, but may do in the future, so would be interested in feedback if you do use these (or something similar).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tamer Ozbay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can find the CAD drawing of the Precision 60 camera at the attachment.

You can use standard CAT 6 cable for camera signalling and external power for Camera power at 30 meter distance.

For HDMI cable it is written on the technical documents up to 15 meters but  you can find some 30 meters quality HDMI cables and you can use this cable but before the usage you need the test this cable at locally. If you can not find you can use HDMI extender active devices in the middle of the 30 meters.

Best Regards.

Thanks a lot for the support.

Connection between Camera and Codec we need HDMI + Ethernet ?.

The Ethernet to camera should be from Codec only or it can be from access switch also, please suggest.

Ethernet cable for the camera going to codec is use for camera control. You can use other Ethernet cable (straight) if you would need longer one . Should you for any reason run out of Ethernet ports in the codec for the camera and touch panel just connect a switch to the codec’s 2nd or 3rd Ethernet port and connect the cameras and touch panel to same switch.

Take a look at Extron HDMI 201 Tx/Rx. This would be applicable for you for transmitting/receiving HDMI signals in long distances (30 meters).

http://media.extron.com/download/files/brochure/hdmi_201_txrxbro.pdf

Regards,

Acevirgil

Yes, you need HDMI and the Ethernet for the camera video and control respectively.

If you need to extend both a long way (up to 300'), and want to save on cabling costs, we've recently been introduced to these products which look to do a nice job of it: http://www.soundcontrol.net/products/remotecam5/

I haven't used any yet in my installations, but may do in the future, so would be interested in feedback if you do use these (or something similar).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: