Views
Helpful
Replies

SX 80

Suchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have CUCM setup ( SIP trunk----CUCM)  & need to connect sx 80. My requirement is to make vedeo & pstn calls. Waht is the best way to deploy sx 80? do i need Expressway?

Please advise

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you can use same IP subnet for VCS-C and VCS-E (LAN1) but this is not a recommended and best practice to deploy VCS-E to have direct connectivity with VCS-C network leg. This kind of deployment is less secured environment since you have only single point of entry. 

In your case using VCS-E dual interface, the peer address configured on your VCS-C (client) traversal zone will be 172.20.22.17 and no static routing needed on VCS-E since they are directly connected. No firewall in between so no firewall definition needed and this would be a risk.

Do you have any struggle on the firewall why you deploy the VCS-E like that? Do your firewall have limitation that couldn't meet recommended deployment based on the sample deployment in this guide http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-6/Cisco-VCS-Basic-Configuration-Control-with-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X8-6.pdf under page 63-64.

regards,

Acevirgil

View solution in original post

Assuming you already configured neighbor zone for CUCM and Expressway-C via SIP trunk and traversal zone for Expressway-C and E and zones are active, next step is to create  dial plan, search rules, and transforms.

See attached deployment guide under "Deploying B2B" on page 31 and go through Procedure 8 to 14. This will provide you step by step procedures on how to make search rules and transforms to achieve successful B2B call (CUCM registered endpoints calls to or from external via Expressway C & E). The dial plan, local domain, and external domain used in the guide would be different in your case but this will serve as your reference.

Dial plan: 800xxxx 

Local domain: cisco.local

External domain: cisco.com

regards,

Acevirgil

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Where is your SX80 registered? On VCS or CUCM?

When making calls to PSTN, you shoud have voice gateway integrated on CUCM or ISDN gateway integrated to VCS.

The VCS Expressway (Expressway Edge) will come in place when you need to call video endpoints located outside your network or B2B calls.

By the way, what are the components of your infrastructure for video conference/UC applications?

regards,

Acevirgil

Hi Acevirgil

My environment has expressway C & E. SX 80 registerd with CUCM. What is the simplest way to allow video calls form outside (from third party SIP clents)?

Regards

Suchira

I would recommend to use the Expressway solution for MRA (Mobile and Remote Access) and B2B for communicating with third-party SIP clients. The Expressway will provide secure access to mobile and remote endpoints outside your network and for B2B calls without VPN.

Your Expressway Edge will be your front-end facing the outside to interface with third-party SIP or even H323 clients that leverages the interworking capability acting as your SIP-to-H.323 interworking gateway. The Expressway Core and CUCM will be the back-end inside your network.

You may refer to this design guide and take a look at Collaboration Edge section under page 24.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/PA/midmarket/video.pdf

And for deployment guides:

• MRA deployment

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-6/Mobile-Remote-Access-via-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X8-6.pdf

• Control & Expressway (Traversal deployment)

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-6/Cisco-VCS-Basic-Configuration-Control-with-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X8-6.pdf

regards,

Acevirgil

Yes, you can use same IP subnet for VCS-C and VCS-E (LAN1) but this is not a recommended and best practice to deploy VCS-E to have direct connectivity with VCS-C network leg. This kind of deployment is less secured environment since you have only single point of entry. 

In your case using VCS-E dual interface, the peer address configured on your VCS-C (client) traversal zone will be 172.20.22.17 and no static routing needed on VCS-E since they are directly connected. No firewall in between so no firewall definition needed and this would be a risk.

Do you have any struggle on the firewall why you deploy the VCS-E like that? Do your firewall have limitation that couldn't meet recommended deployment based on the sample deployment in this guide http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-6/Cisco-VCS-Basic-Configuration-Control-with-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X8-6.pdf under page 63-64.

regards,

Acevirgil

Hi Acevirgil

Really apreciate your response. The reason i go with this solution is some issues in the firewall. I will plan to change the Lan1 ip subnet later.

My requirement is to make internal to/from external sip dialing only ( no Jabber requirement)

CUCM---(SIP)--EXP C---EXP E

CUCM route pattern

Please advise , what kind of search rules do do i need on E & C?

Thanks

Suchira

Assuming you already configured neighbor zone for CUCM and Expressway-C via SIP trunk and traversal zone for Expressway-C and E and zones are active, next step is to create  dial plan, search rules, and transforms.

See attached deployment guide under "Deploying B2B" on page 31 and go through Procedure 8 to 14. This will provide you step by step procedures on how to make search rules and transforms to achieve successful B2B call (CUCM registered endpoints calls to or from external via Expressway C & E). The dial plan, local domain, and external domain used in the guide would be different in your case but this will serve as your reference.

Dial plan: 800xxxx 

Local domain: cisco.local

External domain: cisco.com

regards,

Acevirgil

Hi Acevirgil,

Thanks for your support on this issue. One thing I found was that sx 80s route all calls to expressway even the normal E164 numbers. Sx 80 automatically append the domain & try to route through the sip trunk to expressway.

Please advise on this issue.

Thanks

Suchira

Hi ,

I have a same topology,

CUCM-SX80 -Expresway C/E , SX80  will registered to CUCM,After exp-C/E integrating CUCM   then i want to use jabber guest and MRA,

Can I use MRA with SX80 endpoing client ?

Yes, you can register an SX80 via MRA - all of the supported endpoints are listed on the data sheet here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/expressway-series/datasheet-c78-736477.html?cachemode=refresh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: