cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX10 can no longer pan to the right

kfreundlich1
Level 1
Level 1

Our 6-week old SX10, out of the blue, no longer pans to the right. I can pan all the way left, and pan to the center point, but I can't pan past the center point to the right. The camera just stops at the center. Restarting does not fix the problem.

When the SX10 is shut down, I can physically move the camera to the right. When I restart it, though, and try to pan to the right using the remote (TRC 6), the problem returns.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.....k

6 Replies 6

Sebastian Hughes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Sounds like the motor might be broken. I suggest you contact Cisco customer services. Since it is pretty much brand new I can't see why they wouldn't replace it for you.

Sebastian

Thanks Acevirgil & Sebastian.

Factory reset didn't change things at all. Waiting to hear back from our Cisco folks. I'm assuming for now that they'll be happy to quickly replace it with another unit.

If you can rule out that the right button on the remote is not the issue (you can try to use the webinterface or CLI to move the camera) it could be also a mechanical issue.

What can kill the camera gearing is either if something blocked the movement of the camera or somebody tried to rotate the camera by hand, both can be deadly for the cam.

Not sure how strict the RMA guys are if its a self introduced mechanical issue.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin. Thanks so much for the info.

I think you're correct that it's a mechanical issue. That said, I don't know of anything that blocked the movement of the camera. I'm 99% sure we didn't rotate the camera on the SX10 by hand.

Luckily, our Cisco rep has already sent a replacement which works fine, and we've sent the misbehaving unit to Austin.

Mechanical faults can also be just bad luck, especially as you said its a new system.

I think there is some DOA (dead on arrival policy) as well.

Besides that it might be worth a thought to inform your users that the camera

NEVER shall be moved manually or blocked, only via the system/remote.

just as a pre caution :-)

--

You got help by me, so now please help the forum:

Please rate the answers and set the thread to answered if it is!

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Have you tried factory resetting the device?

Factory resetting using the reset button:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJB1XeIXkyo 

Factory resetting using the web interface (page 52):

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/sx-series/tc7/administration-guide/sx10-administrator-guide-tc73.pdf

If factory reset is not the fix, i would suggest to contact Cisco TAC and they would replace the unit.

regards,

Acevirgil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: