Views
Helpful
Replies

SX10 CEC not working with LG TV's

Richard Simmons
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I know there are a number of older forum posts about this but was wandering if anything had changed in the last few years?

I'm unable to get the CEC to work on a LG TV, works fine with a Samsung - is there any workaround for this or settings I can change on the LG TV?

Thanks,

Richard

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The TV and/or SX10 is probably using different CEC types or commands which is why it's not working, there are several discussions regarding CEC control with LG displays in the forums, if I recall no one has been able to get CEC to work with their displays.  Beyond making sure CEC is enabled on the TV and the SX10 under the HDMI1 output, there isn't really anything you can do.

LG TVs are the only not supported TVs for CEC with Cisco TP.

I've tested working CEC with Sony, Toshiba and Sharp TVs (SX10/SX20).

regards

- Please rate helpful posts -

gian.caprez1
Level 1
Level 1

Is this still an issue or has it been solved with newer LG TV versions?

@gian.caprez1 - as I replied in another thread where you have asked a similar question:

The CE9.7 Admin Guide recommends that you use specific LG or Samsung displays for guaranteed compatibiliy, but it does also mention other manufacturers CEC products:

Anynet+ (Samsung); Aquos Link (Sharp); BRAVIA Sync (Sony); HDMI-CEC (Hitachi); Kuro
Link (Pioneer); CE-Link and Regza Link (Toshiba); RIHD (Onkyo); HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync,
VIERA Link (Panasonic); EasyLink (Philips); and NetCommand for HDMI (Mitsubishi).

so, your best bet would be to enable it on your device and your display and test to see if it works.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I've now tested it with a LG TV 75UK6500PLA and it seems to work fine with SIMPLINK which is LG's CEC version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: