cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX10 Join WebEx Icon

mendee1
Level 1
Level 1

I  just upgraded my sx10 units to ce 9.10.2 5adf141d8bb 2020-04-30 and I noticed that there is an "experimental" option "UserInterface Features Call CanShowWebexJoin" that seems like it is designed to show the "Join WebEx" icon. However even though I enable it, the option does not come on. Am i doing anything wrong ? Thanks in advanced!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mendee1
Level 1
Level 1
So I found out that the Join Webex icon only shows when there is an Touch 10 paired to the SX10 if not it will NOT show.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Join Webex feature was only experimental and didn't work properly in some of the older versions of the software.

If you upgrade to CE9.12.3 (the latest version at the time of this post), you can Ignore the setting in the "Experimental" section and instead, the setting you are looking for is UserInterface Features Call JoinWebex: Auto.  If it's set to "Hidden" you won't see the Webex icon.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Correct me if i am wrong but i was told by TAC that 9.10 was the latest. It also has a newer release date. They told me that sometimes different dev teams release different versions and that is way 9.12 is older than 9.10. I thought the same at the beginning that 9.12 was the latest until they told me other wise. Thank you!

What you were told is incorrect. CR9.12.3 is the most recent and feature rich release. Feel free to check the release notes.
Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

That what my impression was. I just saw the release date of 9.10 was newer ( May 11) than 9.12 (Apr 28) and I found that odd.

Thank you for the clarification!

Eric Ingram
Level 4
Level 4

You want to make sure it's set to auto, but I would go back and look at cmterm-ce9_12_3-140cd8212ba.k3.  It is the latest code.  CE9.10 has some other issues at least for us we experienced the one issue when the endpoint is configured with a proxy for Webex edge for devices that 9.10 does not support proxy so we lost the CUCM directory function on the endpoints.

mendee1
Level 1
Level 1
So I found out that the Join Webex icon only shows when there is an Touch 10 paired to the SX10 if not it will NOT show.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: