Views
Helpful
Replies

SX10 TRC6 remote multiple entreys from one keypress

tomas_vll
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

A problem i have seen a couple of times is that when you have a SX10 and a withboard in the room multiple commands are enterd. So if the user presses the button "1"  on the screen "11" or "111" is enterd as the input. If I try to erase,  the same numer of "1" are often removed. This is of course for any button on the remote. Verry annoynig problem.

I belive that the problem is signal reflecting of surfeces.  I have heard a tip to tape over the IR transmitter too soften the IR signal. Is this the only solution or could Cisco impliment a filter for identical commands in a short period of time?

Any one else run into this problem?

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In the past when I have seen that happening, it has been because the batteries have been getting low in the remote.  Replacing the batteries with new ones has usually resolved the problem.  The TRC6s seem to chew through the batteries a lot quicker than the old TRC4s and 5s did.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: