Views
Helpful
Replies

SX10 Video Call Directly Via PUBLIC Ip Address without CUCM,VCS,SPARK

amalmichaelvj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

I have two sx10 devices in two different location..Each Location have a public ip address..There is no CUCM,VCS,SPARK subscription...

So In this case we are planning to Video Call using public ip adresss..

Does anyone done this setup before??

MY challenges..

1.My sx10 have given a local ip address 192.168.1.25/24 and we have a free public ip address is 103.25.48.xx

How can i forward the traffic to public ip.What are the setting i need to do in firewall(Watch Guard)  and Sx10..

Any Configuration document regarding this setup??

2.how can we call to the SX10..is it just dial103.25.48.xx??

please help me on this

2 Replies 2

Saurabh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi amal

you can refer to this doc, this might help but better would be to have both endpoints public ip.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-system-ex-series/119014-technote-telepresence-00.html

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You'll need to enable NAT on your firewall to traffic can be routed to the internal IP from the public IP.  However, I recommend to restrict these public IPs to only allow traffic from each other, or other video conference systems you intend to make calls with, this is to prevent toll-fraud attempts on the endpoints.

In addition to the document Saurabh provided, see Vivek's response in thread SX20 as standalone to configure the SX10s as standalone endpoints.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: