cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX10 with HDMI Convertor (HDMI to Cat6 then back to HDMI)

dwayne rattan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I recently installed a SX in a fairly new conference room and encountered issues while trying to share content on screen from Laptop. They get a message saying resolution unsupported.

After contacting the personnel that ran the cable under ground to the conference table I was told that the cable running through the ground is a CAT6 cable with both ends being a HDMI convertor.

I know this setup may not be supported but I wanted to check if anyone has a work around as I am unable to change the CAT6 cable out.

5 Replies 5

Duane Viedt
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds like there is a transmitter/receiver CAT 6 conversion for the HDMI feed cable run.

Is a signal present by feeding direct to a monitor? Check that the device is outputting a standard resolution such as 720/1080 etc.

If you can't get a signal then check the transmitter and receiver. (power, cable termination, etc)

Hi

It does connect perfectly fine if the connection is straight HDMI from the laptop to the SX10.

The convertor work when its connected to the TV display but not the SX10

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Using HDMI over UTP extenders is fine - the issue is more likely to be with the device you are connecting and possibly with HDCP (especially if it is a Mac).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne,

I have tried with different devices they all produce the same result. But thank for informing me that HDMI over UTP is good.

Matthew7800890
Level 1
Level 1

You might need to do some EDID management to get it working reliability. Something like 80% of our end points use some form of HDbaseT with no issue but they are almost all on systems that manage EDID to ensure the signal conforms to a standard accepted.