Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 and second Mic port does not work vu meter

dsobrinho
Level 9
Level 9

Hi guys,

Does anybody knows something like that? I have test  mic with vu meter connect in mic01 (blue port) and it works fine, however when trie  to connect the same mic in port mic02 the vu meter did not work.

Should I connect two mic in the ports mic01(Blue) and mic02 to work the vu meter? Or could be a bug?

All mic port are actived.

Best regards,

Daniel Sobrinho

Daniel Sobrinho
7 Replies 7

Aaron Wilson
Level 5
Level 5

In your screenshot it shows a level for mic 1 input, is something plugged into mic 2 at this same time? I'm curious if the level never shows, or if it always states "disconnected" for mic 2.

I have had a port go out on me on one of my SX20s, so I just switched over to the other port. You might have a similar problem where its strictly a hardware problem.

-Aaron

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From my experience, the VU meter only works on the 2nd mic socket if there is a also a microphone connected to the 1st socket.

If you only have 1 microphone connected, it should be in the blue socket.

If you have 2 microphones connected, both VU meters will show levels.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I can confirm the web VU meter works with just one mic in either port. I have done it many times. :)

Not on the one in front of me right now.  VU meter is fine when Mic is in Blue port, if I disconnect it and plug it in to the 2nd mic port, both VU meters show nothing.  Return it to the first (blue) port and it meters correctly again.  If I have two mics connected (one in each port) both VU meters show.

There may be a difference in behaviour depending on the Hardware version.  Similar to how the mute button functionality changes on different versions of hardware.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Odd. Here is a screenshot of mine working.

I hate it when technology does that - I just tried mine again, and was grabbing some screenshots and double checked the connection - while the mic appeared to have been plugged in correctly, it wasn't quite.  A little further push and it worked.  The 2nd sockets seems quite a bit tighter than the 1st, so perhaps that's the OP's issue as well - the mic just isn't pushed in quite far enough?

Wayne

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Turns out exactly as you described. I thought that toggling the port mic, the vu meter works for each one. But not work. Only Blue port works.
Would you know if can be bug of firmware?
The sx20 that I have here is in the version of firmware TC7.3.0.8cb420c
Tks,
Daniel
Daniel Sobrinho