cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 and smart TV audio issue

Lee Saldanha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have an SX20 connected to a smart TV and been having audio issues. Whenever the codec is asleep, TV is off and I make a call, upon turning the TV on there is no audio, only video. TV is being turned on and off manually, as HDMI-CEC performed even worse.

If the TV remains on and the codec sleeps, I see no issues, it's only when the codec sleeps and the TV is turned off that they seem to lose their "pairing" and audio won't work until I restart the codec with the TV turned on. If the TV is not turned off, audio will work even if the codec sleeps. Video works at all times.

I have also tested with a non-smart TV and all worked perfectly. I'm guessing this has something to do with the additional second this smart TV takes to boot up. Would external speakers solve the issue? How can I ensure I have audio output only to the external speakers on not to the TV as well? Currently using a Samsung 5500 smart TV.

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Leesaldanha,

What TC software version are you running on the SX20?  I can recall others having similar issues previously in these forums and can vaguely recall it being fixed in one of the more recent software upgrades.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi, Wayne. We are running TC6.2.1.69d401c and some people in the team tell me we can't upgrade because overall we have our environment running on older versions.

TC6.2.1 is quite old - there have been a number of releases since then (TC6.3, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.1.0 and as of this week 6.3.1 and 7.1.1).  The TC6.3.1 and TC7.1.1 releases also include the fix for the OpenSSL Heartbleed vulnerability that has been widely publicised around the Internet.  It's highly recommended that you patch your environment for this (and other) security issues fixed in the more recent firmware versions.  Perhaps you can ask your other "people in the team" what their reasons for not upgrading are as maybe we can assist with those as well?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: