cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 audio only call if Region max video bandwidth set >384kbps

dbooth
Level 1
Level 1

Have a scenario with 2x SX20s in different sites (Site A & Site B) registered to CUCM so each is in a different Region (Region-A & Region-B).  The SX20s are running identical TC firmware.  An Expressway pair give access to CMR/B2B calling and the trunk to this is in a 3rd CUCM Region (Region-EXTSIP).

Region-A -> RegionEXTSIP has max video bandwidth set to maximium possible value (32256kbps) and the SX20 at Site A can call CMR/B2B without any problem.

Region-B -> RegionEXTSIP had the same max video bandwidth set (32256kbps) but a call from the SX20 at Site B would connect Audio Only.  If I set Region-B -> RegionEXTSIP back to default (384kbps) then the call connects as a video call.  Any value above 384kbps results in audio only calls.

Any suggestions as to why one works OK with the high video bandwidth value and the other fails?  Thanks.

2 Replies 2

dbooth
Level 1
Level 1

So I've got to the bottom of why these two devices were behaving differently, Device Mobility was moving the 'working' one into a different Region and hence getting the default 384kbps max video bit rate.

So my question now is, why are 2x SX20s registered to CUCM not capable of establishing video if the Region settings are set with max video bit rate >384kbps, when both say they have HD and PremiumResolution option keys installed?

Hi,

This is a little strange. But perhaps CUCM logs and VSC-C logs can provide insight. Can you please grab both CUCM  logs and VCSC-diagnostic logs.

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: