Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 - Audio output produce noise on meeting room amplifier

Hello,

We are connecting the SX20 with a minijack to RCA stereo cable to the meeting room amplifier. When we turn on the amplifier we get a lot of noise from SX20. All other devices we plug like mp3 players, PC, DVD, CD are workign properly without noise.

thanks in advance for your help                  

5 Replies 5

deamanga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Antonis ,

Are you using grounded active speaker behind the amplifier? if this is the case you shoud used non-grounded active speakers or buy a ground isolator and connect the cable through to the isolator.

Regards.

Dean.

Hi, We are using passive speakers not active.

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Antonis.

Try to unplug all sound-in cables ( microphone / presentation) and see if that solves your issue.

If it does, try to identify what cable causing the sound and replace it.

//Marius

Hi, I did that and noise remained the same. I left only the power cable connected. When I touch the power cable I can hear the noise to increase / decrease. I put the power supply close to my ear and I could here a similar noise inside the power supply. Do you think that power supply could be the problem?

thanks

Gregory Smith
Level 1
Level 1

We have an SX20 doing the same thing.  It is not the cable as we use the same cable to connect to a laptop and there is no noise.

Did you ever find an solution for this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: