Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 camera tilt / pan very unsmoothly

Hi all,

A camera of an SX20 we bought the other day, tilts / pans very unsmoothly by remote control.

When we keep pushing arrow button on a remote control, LED on the camera flashes upon receiving IR signal, and the camera starts to tilt / pan but it suddenly stops after a few seconds , then it starts to tilt / pan again, and it stops and starts...

(It works fine when we pan /tilt through WebGUI, so gear has no problem)

Then we requested DOA and received another SX20.

But the issue also happens on the new SX20.

So we requested DOA again but it happens again.

In addition, this happens on TC7.3.2 and TC6.3.4.

To determine whether the fault is in camera hardware or software ( or combination of specific hardware and software), I want to downgrade the camera software.

Is it possible to downgrade the camera software of SX20?

Best Regards,

Kotaro

9 Replies 9

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you checked whether the remote is set to high power (dip switch behind batteries) rather than low power?  If set to low and you're a distance from the camera, this can cause this type of issue.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

In addition to what Wayne has mentioned, I'd try putting the remote right up to the camera IR sensor, and see if you get the same results.  You can also try and other TC5 remote from another C Series codec as well, in case it's the remote.

Hi Wayne, Patrick,

Thank you for your reply.

The dip switch of remote is already set to high but this issue continues.

We've also tested below.

-The DOAed remote works fine with other SX20, C20s.

-This issue also happens with DOAed SX20 + other remotes.

So I suspect the faulty is camera, software or combination of hardware + software.

Best Regards,
Kotaro

Does anyone know how to downgrade camera software for SX20?

I want to confirm whether this happens on lower software versions.

Best Regards,

Kotaro

It may be simpler to try an alternate known good camera.  I don't know of a way to downgrade camera software.

Also, you may be getting interference on the IR signal.  I've seen this happen.  Try the DOA system, camera and remote in a different room, with a different monitor.  Preferably somewhere that another system already is known to work.  I don't recall what was causing this issue for us when I had it as it was a number of years ago, so I can't really point you in a direction more specific than that.

Thank you Anthony,

This happens even if we exchange the camera for another non-faulty camera.

And this happens in a different room with a different monitor.

Hi Kotaro,

We had a very similar issue with a brand new SX20 here the other day.

The problem in the end wasn't the camera or the SX20, but the cable between them.

Have you tried swapping out the camera cable on the one that you're having issues with?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you Wayne,

I have already tested swapping camera cable, but it did not help.

Now we opened SR and wait for reply from TAC.

I will update if I got new information.

Hi all,

This issue was registered as BugID:CSCuu76757. (https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuu76757).

Although the Workaround says "this issue can not easily be triggered" , unfortunately this can easily be triggered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: