Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 CONFERENCE FAILURE

echiyahya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have SX20(without multisite license), SX10, DX80 and JABBER for iphone Registred on CUCM and IM&presence,

I tried to make a video call with Jabber then i added the second participant DX80 with voice only but when i try to add third participant SX10 with voice only to conference the call failed. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can't, not without having the MS license installed.

The SX20 allows for the addition of one audio call when in a point-point video conference without the MS license.

It does not allow two audio calls. So, if you are connecting point-point video, then you can add one audio call.

If you connect point-point audio, then you cannot add a second audio only call. This is a hardware limitation, not software.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable,

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

"I have SX20(without multisite license)"

...and there is your problem - you need the multisite licence for this to work if you want to host this multisite conference on the SX20 - regardless of it being audio only.

/jens

As Jens mentions, you need the Multisite option key installed on the SX20, or use an MCU/TelePresence Server to host the conference.

yes i know without multisite license i can't make video conf but My question was why the third participant when i try to to add with voice only the call fail 

What is the current version of your SX20?

If no multisite license you should be able to add an audio call only participant. I have tested before but not sure if its a SX20. No MS option installed on the system and when adding additional participant, it falls to audio call only.

Hows the Conference Multipoint Mode configured on the SX20?

• Auto
  • Off
  • MultiSite
  • CUCMMediaResourceGroupList

regards,

Acevirgil

Multipoint Mode on SX20 configured to "Multisite" and on CUCM configured to "USEENDPOINT"

Hi

Try adding the first audio call from SX20  and your second audio call from SX10 .  you should be able to have these four endpoints ( two video and two audio) now.

I tried all combinations but i have the same result 2 video call with one audio call and the fourth audio call fail  

anything from the traces on why it fails for the above scenario.

Probably it is a hardware limitation as there is a audio call already .

Regards

Sundar

I thinks it is a Hardware Limitation i must add the multisite license thanks for your help

My situation now is conference between:

SX20 VIDEO

SX10 VIDEO

DX80 AUDIO

when i try to add JABBER Mobile Voice call only the call fail.

You can't, not without having the MS license installed.

The SX20 allows for the addition of one audio call when in a point-point video conference without the MS license.

It does not allow two audio calls. So, if you are connecting point-point video, then you can add one audio call.

If you connect point-point audio, then you cannot add a second audio only call. This is a hardware limitation, not software.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable,