cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 connecting usb camera / why no support for C40,C60,C90?

Tom Leinos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i noticed that the Cisco SX20 running software versionTC6.2.0 now supports usb cameras. Looks like UVC-camera drivers are loaded with the sx20.

I tested it with HD Precision USB camera and it worked fine. (Mainvideo source: 3).

I was not able to find any information about this new feature in the release notes so i am guessing its not official yet?

I noticed that C40 with TC 6.2.0 does not have the same option available. Is the support comming for C-series aswell?

This feature might come in handy when you need a second camera temporary or the main camera breaks.

br. Tom

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

hi Tom,

The release note does have the information for the USB video input source.

SX20: xStatus Video Input Source 3 Resolution Height

SX20: xStatus Video Input Source 3 Resolution Width

SX20: xStatus Video Input Source 3 Resolution RefreshRate SX20: xStatus Video Input Source 3 Resolution FormatType SX20: xStatus Video Input Source 3 Resolution FormatStatus SX20: xStatus Video Input USB 3 Connected

SX20: xStatus Video Input USB 3 SignalState

however yes i was not able to find a formal update on this part.

cannot comment on the USb usage on C series as the ports are not presently active however on the Sx they are used for as serial interface.

May be we can expect in furture for C series however  its (may be)

Regards

Ravi kr.

View solution in original post

Hi

Just want to add that we have several open issues using USB camera with SX20. Most likely the SX20 will crash, depending on what kind of endpoint is calling. The feature is not properly tested, and we have some bugs that needs to be fixed before this is a safe setup. We are targeting this support for TC7.1 which will release Spring 2014. We are aiming to support the 1080p 2.5x, and 1080p 4xS2 for USB usage, possibly also the 720p USB camera will be supported but this is not decided yet.

Therefore we discourage anyone to use USB camera on SX20 for anything else than testing until it is supported.

Current plan is that USB cameras will be supported only on SX20 (as a secondary camera).

Thanks,

Johan

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

hi Tom,

The release note does have the information for the USB video input source.

SX20: xStatus Video Input Source 3 Resolution Height

SX20: xStatus Video Input Source 3 Resolution Width

SX20: xStatus Video Input Source 3 Resolution RefreshRate SX20: xStatus Video Input Source 3 Resolution FormatType SX20: xStatus Video Input Source 3 Resolution FormatStatus SX20: xStatus Video Input USB 3 Connected

SX20: xStatus Video Input USB 3 SignalState

however yes i was not able to find a formal update on this part.

cannot comment on the USb usage on C series as the ports are not presently active however on the Sx they are used for as serial interface.

May be we can expect in furture for C series however  its (may be)

Regards

Ravi kr.

Thanks for the reply, let's hope this gets activated on c-series before they go EOL/EOS or something.

br. Tom

Hi ,

I found this discussion and tested my two TANDBERG Precision USB cameras on SX20 TC6.2.0.

SX20 recognizes this device connected as follows.

*s Video Input USB 3 Connected: True

*s Video Input USB 3 SignalState: OK

But it didn't work even though I select it as main source 3

(Only black screen was displayed)

Is there any additional configuration I have to do to let it work?

Or simply my cameras are not UVC-cameras?

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto

hi, did you restart your sx20 after you plugged in the usb camera? It's not plug and play you hafto reboot.

br. Tom

The TANDBERG USB Camera has to be upgraded to version 1.5 in order to work with the SX20. Here is the link to download the upgrade software for the TANDBERG USB Camera:

http://ftp.tandberg.com/pub/software/camera/cc1/CC1.5.0.exe

Simply run the filw with your camera connected and the upgrade should help you make this camera work with your SX20

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your information

We could use the TANDBERG USB camera after we upgrade it to ver.1.5.

But unfortunately video that was captured by the USB cam seems to be 4:3 resolution.

And SX20 expands it to 16:9 resolution and displays it.

(It is not good-looking)

I hope this will be improved in later software version.

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto

Hi Ravi, thank you for your information, is very appreciated.

but, will posible to connect a PrecisionHD Camera 1080p 2.5x, I don´t have one to do the test.

I understand that Precision 2.5x have an usb output and this  could be  connected to usb port from SX20?

if will posible, I could be that have any PTZ control?

Thank you ver much for your support.

Donald Alvarado A.

Hi

Even though this is implemented and might be working to a certain extent this feature is unfortunately not yet supported.

The  support for this feature along with more information will come in a  later software release. I do not have any current information about when  and what software will provide full support for this feature. We recommend customer not to use this  feature for the time being.The SX20 may become unstable and provide unexpected behavior while using the USB input.

We are sorry for the confusion this has caused.

/Magnus

Hi

Just want to add that we have several open issues using USB camera with SX20. Most likely the SX20 will crash, depending on what kind of endpoint is calling. The feature is not properly tested, and we have some bugs that needs to be fixed before this is a safe setup. We are targeting this support for TC7.1 which will release Spring 2014. We are aiming to support the 1080p 2.5x, and 1080p 4xS2 for USB usage, possibly also the 720p USB camera will be supported but this is not decided yet.

Therefore we discourage anyone to use USB camera on SX20 for anything else than testing until it is supported.

Current plan is that USB cameras will be supported only on SX20 (as a secondary camera).

Thanks,

Johan

Is the usb camera option supported yet?

maftaba03
Level 1
Level 1

Doesn cisco Usb camera still works with sx20 Tc7 software. ?

We need smaller camera as sx20 is in traveling case and move around remote sites for video conference 

Please need confirm if that is still possible so we buy usb camera and avoid damage of our assets. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: