Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 HDMI Wireless display to DVI

jmecklenburg
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

I have a to install a SX20 in a client meeting room, in the meeting room the client use a Microsoft Wireless Display for present ppt and media in to the LCD, then I need connect the MWD with the SX20, for that I bought a HDMI to DVI cable, I test the cable in my own SX20 (TC5.1.5) and works fine, but when connect the client SX20 (TC73.2.5) to MWD and doesn't work.

In the setting if set the value “digital” in the DVI options, I saw the MWD in background but I the SX20 display as no signal and can’t manage when start or stop the display.

I try upgrade to version 7.3.6 and 8.1.1 and still doesnt work, I can't downgrade to version 5.1 because I have a Touch 10 Control Device.

Thanks.

fixie rider
5 Replies 5

jmecklenburg
Level 2
Level 2

Any idea?

fixie rider

Hello, is this the same as the Microsoft Wireless Display adapter I see here: https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/adapters/wireless-display-adapter-2/p3q-00001#specsColumns-testCarousel

That device seems to want an HDMI and a USB connection, which I don't believe we can pull off with the SX20. Can you tell me a bit more about the adapter and how you have it connected?

--
-Mark Turpin

Yes it's the same device, I use a DVI-HDMI adapter for the HDMI connexion and use the USB port from SX20 for energy the device, but this setup dosen't work.

I opened a TAC case, and the Cisco engineer tell me the behavior with the DVI-HDMI adapter is because TC5.X and TC7.X change the way as works DVI port 

And finale I use a HDMI-VGA adapter and the use a VGA-DVI cable in the SX20 included in the bundle and the Microsoft Wireless Display work as analog device.

fixie rider

tomasVardy
Level 1
Level 1

I use   wireless  HDMI for gaming, watching movies, transmitting video, and much more.
I choose it , because it is very uncomfortable to use  cables . It always confuse about the apartment. I found interesting article about top of wireless 2018. If somebody will be interesting

It's probably a HDCP related issue, those Microsoft adapters try to protect everything with HDCP and as the SX20 is a "transmitting" device, it shuts the signal down.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: