cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 message "Codec login failure, The abox cannot control the codec" ?

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

I have a SX20 codec running TC7 with Touch 8.

Everything work fine except that there is a message on the bottom of the screen (see attach):

<<<

Codec login failure, The abox cannot control the codec.

Set 'Password Required' to 'off' in the administrator settings, then restart the codec.

Codec communications failure.

Error 005

>>>

I have no clue from where this message comes.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4
Ignore - the message comes from the monitors Ashton Bentley and not from the codec...

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4
Ignore - the message comes from the monitors Ashton Bentley and not from the codec...

JoppetKarlo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have somewhat similar case.

In my case everytime the connected keypad is pressed it pops up the message below:

login failed cannot communicate with codec

check config settings
check data port settings

Also cannot control using keypad.  Tried to swap with a working SX20 and it worked.  Is this just a config issue?

Are the codecs running the same firmware?

Are you referring with keypad to the touch10?

Maybe try a factory reset of the failing codec?

Hi gfolens,

Yes the codecs are running the same firmware

Keypad is not Touch 10 but we have custom keypad.

Tried factory reset but still the problem exist

Also tried using the the SX20 remote but same error popped up.  Tried the remote on another working SX20 and it worked.

It is likely that your third party control device is trying to connect to the SX20, but the SX20, after being upgraded to a recent software release, now requires (by default) a login when accessing the device via serial.   You can change this in the CLI, or via the web interface.

Via the web interface: Setup > Configuration > SerialPort > LoginRequired - change to Off.

or with the CLI:  xConfiguration SerialPort LoginRequired: Off

Another more secure option would to be to change your third party controller so that it actually logs in to the device as a valid user.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.