Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 one way video & audio

shendawilliam
Level 1
Level 1

We have SX20 talk with cisco C 20 which in China.  setup as follow:

1) The cisco C20 has used for video conference with switzerland site for while.

2) SX20 with Asus RT-N66U router. firewall has been disable also H.323&SIP passthrough have been disabled too.

3)I used SX20 call 140.242.250.204(free video conference test site) Video and audio works fine.

4)Using SX20 to call C20 only getting on way video & audio. C20 can see the video and audio from SX20. but SX20 could not received any from C20 and getting "NO INCOMING VIDEO" error.

Is there anything wrong with router or SX20 configration? Please help.

9 Replies 9

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Da Shen,

Do you see that C20 is transmitting audio and video in its call statistics screen  ( call control ) during call ?

is this C20 is able to call any other endpoint outside its network properly with audio and video ?

The C20 which is in China, works with another endpoint at Switzerland, I am pretty sure about the C20 shoud not have any problem.

I have the issue with SX20 which I recently setup for my conference room. I have tried use it to call the test site(

140.242.250.204), I got images and sounds, everything looks fine. However, when I call the C20, I only get on way video and sound which mean I could not get income video and sound from the C20, but they do.

I also noticed that when I pick the the call from the C20, I will be disconected.

The SX20 with Asus RT-N66U router. firewall has been disable also H.323&SIP passthrough have been disabled too. I have setup the call protocol H.323 for the SX20, but I am not sure how the C20 has been configured. Is the H.323 setup going to cause the issue? How can I soulve the issue? Thank you. Any help will be appreciated.

HI Da Shen,

first of all, is this a IP call to the C20 from SX20 ?

are you using NAT for making call to C20 unit or both units are registered to some gatekeeper ( VCS) ?

if you are using NAT, make sure NAT is enabled with NAT address and call setup is direct on SX20 unit.

you also need to verify is C20 is configured to use NAT for public calling or it is registered to VCS gatekeeper.

other thing,  Do you see that C20 is transmitting audio and video in its call statistics screen  ( call control ) during call ?

I have not get any information about the C20 yet, but it has some kind of url address like a number @ domian name.

I have SX20 setup like below:

H.323

call: gatekeeper with my public IP address.

Gatekeeper: auto.

Called the test site is work.

Thank you for your help.

Hi Shen,

Please make sure if the you are making a Point to point Bothe the devices should be in the same network.

If you are making a call to the public IP the NAT address should be configured on the endpoints.

Please check the configuration for the C20 :the default call protocol; it should be H.323 if the call is not going through the gatekeeper.

You can use the below command to check if the media channels are open or not:

Take the SSH of the SX20 unit through Putty.

Save the file on the desktop.

make a call run commands

xstatus

xconfig

xstatus mediachannels(It will give you detailed informationon incoming and outgoing video/audio with IP address)

xstatus diagnostics(you will see if there will be any packet loss in incoming packets)

Deepaksi
Multimedia Specilist
CCNA+CCNA(Voice)+CCNA(Video)

Deepaksi Multimedia Specilist CCNA+CCNA(Voice)+CCNA(Video)

We are not in the smae network, because the c20 is in China and SX20 is in USA. They give a URL ID like a number@domain name. Can you tell what kind setup they are using by the ID? I am still waiting for the detail information about how they configure the C20. Is there anything I can do about the SX20 now?

Thank you for your help.

As per the above information its seems  the C20 is configured for SIP. As number@domain name is SIP URI which you will dial to connect to C20. In that case it would be a H323 to SIP traversal call and both the endpoints should register with a gatekeeper(VCS).

Please run the command s as i mentioned in my last post and check if the logical chanels are opening or not or if ther is any packet loss when you connect the call.

Deepaksi
Multimedia Specilist

Thank you for your information.

Is there anyway to configure the SX20 that can make the SIP call to the C20 without register a gatekeeper(VCS). If Registration is necessary, do you have any VCS service provider to recommond?

You can not make a SIP to SIP call from SX 20 to C-20 without  SIP registrar(CUCM) or H323 to SIP without a gatekeeper(VCS), However; if the C20 will be configured for H323 calling you can make H323 to H323 call using NAT.

You can  check out the SX20 Administrator Guide as that details the NAT settings and ports that need to be opened on the firewall.

For the SIP call to be complete the devices has to register on the

Deepaksi
Multimedia Specilist