cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 presentation audio always on

bernardgo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a SX20 - TC7.1.4.908e4a9 it is always outputing Presentation audio even though no Presentation is being sent. Other SX/C Series models have the option to have "Video Association" to the audio but the SX20 does not have the option. How do I resolve this issue?

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Currently there is no setting to do that on the SX20.  Whatever is playing on the presentation input is always played though the local screen and sent to the far end participant (if connected).

The only way to stop this is to disconnect/pause/etc whatever the other device that is connected to the SX20.

If you need the ability to do this from the SX20, I'd suggest you log a feature request through your local Cisco Account Manager for consideration in a future software release.

PS We actually have a use case where we use the functionality as it is now :)

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for your reply. This is inconsistent with the rest of the conference range of devices Cisco provide. The other units have the capabilities to change the audio settings to suit the required application.

Is this limited at the hardware or software level?

The C20 behaves the same way - the difference between the C/SX20 and the C40/60/90 and SX80 is the latter are positioned as integrator codecs and as a result have more features, like the ability to tie the audio input to a video input. As you know the SX20 and C20 don't do that, they are independent inputs. To Wayne's point I think it's like this because you might want to use the audio input for something else - like connecting a phone to it (I've seen this done). I can't say for sure that this is/isn't a hardware limitation.