cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 Quick Set - Software Upgrade

Peter Anders
Level 1
Level 1

I am scheduling an upgrade of some hosted SX20 telepresence endpoints to the latest software version.

The upgrade is from version 5.1.4 to 6.3.0

Does anyone know if I can upgrade these is one upgrade or do I have to go to 5.1.8 first and then upgrade?

Also are there any other known issues in completing this upgrade?

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Peter,

Yes, you can go straight from TC5.1.4 to TC6.3.0, you do not need to go via any intermediate releases.  As per the release notes (see page 33), you will need to have a valid TC6.x release key to upgrade from TC5.1.x if using the web interface.  Other software upgrade methods (TMS, SCP, etc) will work without the key.

Please be aware that with TC6.3.0, the default call type is now "Auto" instead of H.323, and tries in the order of SIP, H.323, then H.320, so if your endpoint is SIP enabled and you try to dial an E.164 address, it will try it via SIP first (which may fail if the resulting adderss is not valid in your environment).  A work around is to change the default call type from "Auto" to "H.323".

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

As a matter of interest, that does the endpoint append to an E.164 number if it defaults to SIP? Obviously, SIP dialling addresses must be in a URI format (such as 'name@domain' or 'name@IP_Address'), so if the if just a string of nyumbers are entered, what is the resulting SIP URI dialed by the CODEC?

Many thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

It automatically appends the device's SIP domain to the end of the E.164 address when dialled, ie:

Device 1:

SIP: device1@vc.domain.com

E.164: 12345

H.323 ID: DEVICE1

Device 2

SIP device2@vc.domain.com

E.164: 13456

H.323 ID: DEVICE2

On device 1, if you dial the E.164 of device 2, with TC6.3.0, and the default call type set to "Auto", it will first try to dial as SIP, and tries 13456@vc.domain..com- which fails as that address is not valid.

I have logged a call with TAC to determine if this is by design (it's not mentioned in the release notes), or if it is a bug?

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to log your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

The issue with the dialling not failing back to H.323 after SIP fails has been acknowledged by Cisco and has been logged as Bug ID CSCum27379.  It happens in the new TC7.0.1 as well as TC6.3.x.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to log your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Peter,

i will recommed you to first move to TC 6 and then to TC 6.3 version to allow camera to upgrade properly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: