cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 RELEASE KEY

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

Ok please help ... CISCO did it again...

The EX and C series upgrade procedure is so easy ... add release key and then upgrade ...

I thought I was going to be a good guy and move to SX series ... "MISTAKE" .... we order and pay for an SX20 kit and install and power it up and low and behold ... NO RELEASE KEY INSTALLED. 

Then I go to CISCO's license site and get what I believe to be a Key.  Open a browser and "NO PLACE TO ADD THE KEY" ....

HHHEELLLPP!!!!!!

I am an idiot cause I can't find the place to add the release key for TC7.3.1 ...

Where is TANDBERG .... :(

YEP FRUSTRATED AND UPSET ...

Thank you.

Chet Cronin
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looking at the SX20 Admin Guide on pg 49, starting with TC7, they removed the release key option from the web interface.  I suppose since they changed how the release keys work after TC6.1, they didn't see the need to keep the option in the web interface because netering a release key to do software upgrades is irrelevant now.  You can still use SSH to enter the release key though.

xCommand SystemUnit ReleaseKey Add Key

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looking at the SX20 Admin Guide on pg 49, starting with TC7, they removed the release key option from the web interface.  I suppose since they changed how the release keys work after TC6.1, they didn't see the need to keep the option in the web interface because netering a release key to do software upgrades is irrelevant now.  You can still use SSH to enter the release key though.

xCommand SystemUnit ReleaseKey Add Key

Patrick,

Thank you  for the update... Will try SSH.

Chet Cronin

do you add release key before uploading upgrade file or after?

When I first turned the system up it stated there was no release activation key.  I upgraded the system to TC7.3.3 then using SSH and entered the release key and system was functional.

Problem I have now is the Remote Monitoring Option Key doesn't work at all ...

Chet Cronin

If your request for the remote monitoring key was actioned correctly, you should be able to see the key in the Cisco Licensing Portal (http://www.cisco.com/go/licence).  Go to "Get Other Licenses", "TelePresence License to to Resend", plug in your endpoint's serial number and click Search.  You should then see the key in the list:

L-SX-SERIES-RM: L-SX-SERIES-RM:Remote monitoring option for SX series Endpoints  1S000-1-99999999

If it's not there, you'll need to contact the TAC or GLO and request it again.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I just upgraded my SX80, requested the key, but the command (xCommand SystemUnit ReleaseKey Add Key:) is invalid and doesn't even appear to be an option.

ERROR
xcommand SystemUnit ReleaseKey Add Key: 1S000-1-5A9
*r Result (status=Error):
    Reason: Unknown command
    XPath: /SystemUnit/ReleaseKey/Add
** end

ERROR
xcommand SystemUnit ?
xCommand SystemUnit AdminPassword Set
    Password(r): <S: 0, 64>
    DEPRECATED
xCommand SystemUnit ConfigurationProfile CancelChange
xCommand SystemUnit ConfigurationProfile Change
    Name(r): <S: 0, 255>
xCommand SystemUnit ConfigurationProfile List
xCommand SystemUnit ConfigurationProfile Remove
xCommand SystemUnit ConfigurationProfile SaveCurrentConfigurationAs
xCommand SystemUnit DateTime Get
xCommand SystemUnit DateTime Set
    Day: <1..31>
    Hour: <0..23>
    Minute: <0..59>
    Month: <1..12>
    Second: <0..59>
    Year: <2008..2037>
xCommand SystemUnit Diagnostics Run
    ResultSet: <Alerts, All, None>
xCommand SystemUnit FactoryReset
    Confirm(r): <Yes>
    TrailingAction: <NoAction, Restart, Shutdown>
xCommand SystemUnit Notifications RemoveAll
xCommand SystemUnit OptionKey Add
    Key(r): <S: 16, 24>
xCommand SystemUnit OptionKey List
xCommand SystemUnit OptionKey Remove
    Type(r): <Encryption, MultiSite, PremiumResolution, RemoteMonitoring>
xCommand SystemUnit OptionKey RemoveAll
    Confirm(r): <Yes>
xCommand SystemUnit SoftwareUpgrade
    Password: <S: 0, 255>
    URL(r): <S: 0, 255>
    UserName: <S: 0, 255>

OK

Looking at the API guides, the SX80 has never had a command to enter a release key.  Suggest you contact TAC and see if they have a solution.

Hi,

Well, a Key starting with 1S000- can't certainly not be added via this command, since it is a Remote Monitoring key, which is an option key, and not a Release key...

Rel. Keys start with 1TC007- and so on.

and option keys are set with the commands you self pasted here. just read....

/hans

Hello Patrick,

to set the release key via SSH does the job, yes.

I had the same this morning with two fresh out of the box SX20 in Malaysia coming with 7.3.1

but also NO release key set.

But how come that devices are shipped in such a state....

For me it's worth asking this question to the manufacturing as well as the BU...

/hans

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: