Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 standalone and SX20 register over TMS

jmecklenburg
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Guys

I'm thinking in 3 SX20 working standalone at my LAN working fine over H323 calling to the IP address, also I have one SX20 register over outside TMS (not by my administration)

Can the SX20's standalone call to the register SX20 at the ip address over H323 o SIP? and the other side, can the register SX20 call to the standalone SX20?

Regards.

fixie rider
4 Replies 4

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

TMS is just a management/scheduling application, not a CAC (Call Admission Control) device, so whether or not a system is registered to TMS makes no difference as far as calling capabilities go.

If your systems are only in TMS and are not registered to a CAC device such as a CUCM or VCS, then all of your systems are also "stand-alone systems".

If the standalone SX20 you want to call is an external system, then you can call it by calling its public IP address.

The usual caveats re firewall configuration applies.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Sorry for the huge delay

You have right, the remote system have a CUCM and TMS for endpoint register. One of this SX20 going to be registered over CUCM and TMS and the rest stay as standalone.

I this case, the standalone SX20 can call to register SX20? that I know when the SX20 is registered over CUCM by SIP H323 is disable. And I don't be able to call at the SX20 ip address with H323, but I don't know what happen if I call by SIP.

fixie rider

Again, TMS does not come into this, as I said before, TMS is a management and call scheduling application.

A "stand-alone" system is a system which is not registered to a call control device such as CUCM or VCS, it can still be "registered" to TMS though.

Regarding using IP address dialling format from a system which is registered to CUCM, this may be of some help: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13019731/cucm-registered-endpoint-dial-ip-address

/jens

Is there any reason you don't want to register all the devices to the CUCM?

Having them all configured on the same CAC device will make calling between them significantly easier.

Wayne

--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: