Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 Standalone SIP

Paulo Ferreira
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have two SX20 working in h323 and each one is working as standalone.

But I can't put them working with SIP. Wich configuration is the correct one?

Regards

Paulo Ferreira                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Paulo,

The recommended configuration is to use H323 if you want to use Sx20 as a standalone endpoint. Since SIP functionanlity & features require SIP registrar and Proxy server to be available for the call requests.

I would recommend that you configure the Sx20 as H323 and in Direct mode and you should be able to make IP to IP calls without any issues.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Paulo Ferreira
Level 1
Level 1

Just to clarify, the problem is receiving SIP outside calls.

Hi Paulo,

The recommended configuration is to use H323 if you want to use Sx20 as a standalone endpoint. Since SIP functionanlity & features require SIP registrar and Proxy server to be available for the call requests.

I would recommend that you configure the Sx20 as H323 and in Direct mode and you should be able to make IP to IP calls without any issues.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Helo Mubashshir,

thanks for your answer. Just to clarify. If I want to receive on my SX20 a call from a SIP agent, like Jabber Video, it's not possible?

Regards

Paulo Ferreira

Since you must be using a VCS with the Jabber Video, if you assign a public IP to the endpoint, the VCS can forward the call request and interwork between H323 & SIP.

So in that scenario, it is possible to have this setup and still it as a standalone device.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

@ mubakhta  :

Hi Mubashir ,

I would like to have your help for some clarification.

I have two SX10 , each in two different locations. As you know SX10 supports only SIP.  We do not have CUCM or VCS.

Is it possible that i can make IP to IP Video Calls (Public IP)  between these two endpoints ?

I read from some other threads that it should work with sip in format of prefix@public-ip ,  with out any sip-registrar like CUCM and VCS.

You comments regarding this Will be Appreciated.

That is correct; just ensure call setup mode is "Direct", and you can prefix the IP address with anything you want, but it does need to have the prefix@ in order to stop it from adding its own domain to the address. (This is assuming systems have "true" public IP addresses and are not NAT'ed.)

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hi

SX20 only responds to SIP calls to it´s IP Address, but not to it´s SIP URI, if it´s not registered to a VCS.

@Mubashshir: I´ve raised a feature request regarding this some time ago. Could you pls. check, if we can expect this feature in a future release?

thanks

Tino

Hi Tino,

I do not have access to the Feature Requests submitted. The best person to reach out would be the Accounts Manager who can confirm if the feature request submitted by you has been considered to be available in the future releases.

Thanks

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: