cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 TC To CE Upgrade fail

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I had an SX20, registered to CUCM, that was running TC7.3.14.164ea0b. I configured the SX20 to upgrade to CE8.3.8 (as a stepping stone to CE9)

The unit downloaded the CE8 firmware, installed it & rebooted. But after rebooting, the unit fails to come up cleanly. There's nothing on the unit's video output. I can still login to the unit via the web interface, and it reports:

"An error occurred when communicating with the system.
The web interface has no connection to the XAPI.

Maintenance Mode

The system is currently not responding. This might be caused by the system entering maintenance mode."

I've tried uploading the pkg version of CE8.3.8 firmware to the unit direct via its web interface, but still the same.

I couldn't see anything in the CE8.3 release notes about having to go via a prior/special CE8 version prior to CE8.3

What can I do to resurrect this unit?

Thank you.

Please rate all helpful posts.
1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should be able to go from TC7.3 directly to CE9, or, if it is now in Maintenance mode, and only has CE8 software on it, you should again be able to upload the correct CE9 package file to it (or even use the TC7 pkg to downgrade it back to the earlier version).

If it keeps failing, you may have faulty flash on the unit, in which case it may need to be replaced.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.