cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20- TC7 to CE9 Upgrade

russell.5813
Level 1
Level 1

I recently received a work order to upgrade our endpoints from TC7.3.6 to CE9.2.3. I pushed the update to a test system via TMS and afterword received the following warnings:

Certificate Expiry- A certificate has expired X days ago. Please Update.

Default Call Protocol- The system is not registered on any protocols. Please configure SIP or H323.

I verified that both call protocols are enabled, gatekeeper/uri settings are correct with dynamic port allocation. Basically, none of the settings changed, yet I'm now getting the two warnings above. Cannot send or receive calls. 

I'm wondering if this expired cert is disabling the system. I'm also not sure what I'd need to do to get it updated. Our systems do tie in with TMS, currently running 15.3. Any guidance is appreciated.

18 Replies 18

I found part of the problem. For whatever reason, when I upgraded the endpoint, it shut off all my network services--I've never experienced that after an upgrade. Reactivating them allowed the system to register to my VCS again. With H323 at least. SIP still shows inactive, even after reactivating.

The certificate expiry error is still there and the system still cannot send/receive calls, but I feel like I'm on the right track.

EDIT: Call log on the endpoint says "network rejected."

Hi Russell,

Can you post a screenshot of the CUCM certificates in the security tab?

Thank you,

Ton

hotheton
Level 1
Level 1

The Certificate Expiry seems to be a bug and it was solved when I upgraded to CE9.2.4

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvg46418/?rfs=iqvred

I upgraded my SX10 to CE9.5.0 and the while the certificate error has resolved, it still says the passphrase is not set, when it is.