Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 unable to initiate video call with polycom HDX 8000,

muazam ali
Level 1
Level 1

hey,

i am in big trouble, i have cisco sx20 but it cannot call to polycom HDX 8000, when i am dialing video call it automatically connects it audio call.

Kindly help its very urgent.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The reason behind the audio only call could be that the polycom HDX endpoint is set to baseline or basic mode respectively.
The only resolutiom can be to disable the baseline or basic mode on polycom endpoint in order to enable H263 and H264 video protocols.

Hope this may help to resolve this issue.

Sent
from Cisco Technical Support Android App

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you know if any special configuration was done regards the codec selection on both sides?

Are there any firewalls, expecially with NAT, helper, Inspection, or any other l3 / ALG functionality present?

Any kind of call control used on any of the sides?

Any bandwidth limitations / high loss?

Could you share some more light about the deployment and the call flow?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thank you for your reply.

default codecs are being used at both sides.

There is no firewall between network

There is NAT involved but I have checked all the ports and sx20 can call to other polycom devices placed in other countries but unable to call this particular device. Further I want to tell you that sony can call the same polycom device on same network, but  when dialing from sx20 it connects only audio call.

I think there is some kind of software compatibility issue what do u say?

Hi All,

We are also facing some what same issue with our new SX20 VC system.

Issue is,

When we are making a call to polycom VC(HDX 8000), we are getting an error "Cannot connect to call", However when same VC is dialling my VC IP then call is eslablishing and evrything is working fine.

Can some one help me to troubleshoot this issue.

Hi Wajid Dabir,

I'd suggest that you start a new discussion as this 2 year old, previously answered thread, is unlikely to get the views and responses that you're after.

In the new discussion you create, please provide as much infomation as possible about your devices and environment - such as What Endpoints are you using, what software version they're running, what call control mechanism you're using, what protocol you're making the call with, etc.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Martin,

I am using a Cisco sx20 i have configured all the setting s correctly and i have NAT public IP with sx20 system. i am able to make a calls but on my Display screen left hand side top i am getting a Not register instruction. there is no gateway or any other device its just a sx20 system nat with public ip

please help me

Hi,

I have faced this issue recently. Particularly, when SX20 calls Polycom HDX8000, there's a message appeared "Can not connect call". When Polycom HDX8000 calls SX20, there's only ring tone signal at HDX8000 side and the call also can't be connected successfully. Regarding network, I use private network so Firewall, NAT,...are not problem. Moreover, I can ping two ends already.

I just find this information in Cisco TelePresence TC Software Release Notes (TC6) (Endpoint Interoperability):

Polycom HDX 8000 HD

H.323/SIP

SIP Transfer does not work.

H323 transfer reported as cannot connect even when successful

I'm wondering if this information related to my issue.

If yes, anyone can solve this issue.

Thanks so much

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The reason behind the audio only call could be that the polycom HDX endpoint is set to baseline or basic mode respectively.
The only resolutiom can be to disable the baseline or basic mode on polycom endpoint in order to enable H263 and H264 video protocols.

Hope this may help to resolve this issue.

Sent
from Cisco Technical Support Android App

vivsing2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Muazam,

There are few information which we require like software of both device, you mentioned that you can call other polycom device could you confirm whether any of them is hdx 8000.

What type of protocol and call flow is used, whether IP address, h323 e164 or alias or it is SIP base.

Is there any type of protocol filter is enabled on either of side, one type of filter is already provided by Amit.

Regards,
Vivek

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

copywritten1981
Level 1
Level 1

Here's the fix:

1. Open Internet Explorer type the ip address of your sx20 in the browser.

2. Login with your username and password (Default username is admin, no password)

3. Go to >Configuration > Advanced Configuration > Experimental

4. Change CapsetFilter field to > H.264

Done...   (Also works with Sx20 to Polycom 7000)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: