cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 upgrade to TC6.0

jyoopro4ia
Level 1
Level 1

I see that for a major software upgrade such as TC5 to TC6 requires a release key.  I am having difficulties trying to locate information on how one can obtain this key.  Can someone shed some light?

TIA.

10 Replies 10

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

you can get release key from the below link:

https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/upgradeLicense?SubGroup=TBSWRELKEYCNTRCT1

you need to have ciso login

or you can open a case with licensing on  licensing@cisco.com

Thanks for the quick response Amit.  I checked the link and my Shipped SW TC5.1.3 is also the only option available for Upgrade to.  I don't see an option for TC6.  Do I need to email licensing@cisco.com at this point?

Hi,

is your service contract is shown as active ?

you device need to be under contract for obtaining release key. in case, it is under contract, please open case with licensing team

Amit,

It looks like we need to renew our service contract.  What is the correct part # of the service level / contract for this product?  I'm having trouble finding the correct service in SCC.

Looks like I found the correct service level - ECDN.  Thanks.

Hi,

I have the same problem.

We have a SX 20 in our showroom, without service contrat, and we want upgrade to the TC 6.2 version.

Does anyone know the sku to buy the upgrade ?

Thanks for your answers

Gilles

Due to vulnerabilities you can get TC6.1 for free :

Cisco TelePresence TC and TE Software contain two vulnerabilities in the  implementation of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) that could  allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to cause a denial of service  (DoS) condition.

Additionally, Cisco TelePresence TC Software contain an adjacent root access vulnerability that could allow an attacker on the same physical or logical Layer-2 network as the affected system to gain an unauthenticated rootshell.

Cisco has released free software updates that address these  vulnerabilities. Workarounds that mitigate the Cisco TelePresence TC and  TE Software SIP Denial of Service vulnerabilities are available. This advisory is available at the following link:

http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20130619-tpc

Hi Thomas,

My problem is that our SX20 is in TC 5.0 version without service contract, so i think i have to subsribe de service contrat to upgrade it in TC 6.2.

But with which sku ?

Gilles

Hey Giles,

I think this vunerability means that even if you are out of contract, you will be able to get the upgrade. We have C series unit on TC4.x and TC5.x (possibly even TC3.x!!) - some of which are out of contract, but the more I read the post, the more I believe I will be able to upgrade these unit to TC6.1 at the very least.

Chris

Hi Gilles / Chris,

Yes, with that Security Advisory, you will be able to get a "free" upgrade to TC6.1, even without a service contract on your device(s).  You will, as per the notes in the advisory, need to conatct the TAC, with the serial numbers of your devices and the link to the Security Advisory as proof that you're entitled to the upgrade, and you should then receive the release keys for the newer software version.

Note: this will get you to a recent software release, but does not mean you will be entitled to further updates for free.  To ensure you are able to get future updates, it is recommended that you take out a service contract on your device(s).

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: