Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 with Smart Board

Hi

My customer is seeking for SX20.

They would also like to integrate SX20 with the smart board to display the smart board to the remote sites.

My question is, if I do not include the Dual Display option license, will it work with Smart Board.

Or is it necessary to have dual display for this particular cases.

Best Regards

Syahrir

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Syahrir,

Yes, you can share your screen through SX20 - but you will need to either

1) Get a telepresence SYNCH Unit

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11653/index.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/synch/synch_release_note_v4-01.pdf

Unit EOS/EOL

2) Get a video switch/duplicater than splits the video into two. One cable into the projector, one cable into the presentation input of the codec.  Please note that this is not something that is officially supported by Cisco - so you will not be able to buy the switch/duplicater from us.

3) You could try to use the SX20 and dual display option. But I am not sure if this will work correctly, as I have not tested it. I have however tested option 2.

Thanks

//Marius

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Syahrir,

Yes, you can share your screen through SX20 - but you will need to either

1) Get a telepresence SYNCH Unit

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11653/index.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/synch/synch_release_note_v4-01.pdf

Unit EOS/EOL

2) Get a video switch/duplicater than splits the video into two. One cable into the projector, one cable into the presentation input of the codec.  Please note that this is not something that is officially supported by Cisco - so you will not be able to buy the switch/duplicater from us.

3) You could try to use the SX20 and dual display option. But I am not sure if this will work correctly, as I have not tested it. I have however tested option 2.

Thanks

//Marius

Hi Marius

If i use the 2nd method, does it means i dont have to include/buy dual diplay option.

Syahrir

Hi,

Exactly.

//Marius

Hi Marius

Thanks for the answer

Best Regards

Syahrir

Hi Marius,

What you mean by video splitter or duplicator , Is it HDMI Splitter?

What you mean by video splitter or duplicator , Is it HDMI Splitter?

That would depend on what the device are and what their output connectors are.

It would need to feed in as content in to the SX20s DVI port.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

if I'm using with SX80, I can connect two screen with HDMI port so I think we can skip DVI port scenario and HDMI splitter can fulfill our requirement.

You have mentioned one cable into projector and other to codec, is projector means smart board?

You have mentioned one cable into projector and other to codec, is projector means smart board?

Yes.  You would need to split the output feed of the device that is displaying on the smart board to display to both the smart board and to the SX20.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

So I think HDMI Splitter can also do the same for providing the PC content to Smart board as well SX 20 or SX 80.

@Niyadh Vellachalil wrote:
So I think HDMI Splitter can also do the same 

Assuming that all the other devices are HDMI, then yes.  But keep in mind that the SX20 will need to have the input sent in to its DVI port.

Wayne

I agree with your statement. Can you suggest a good smart board.

@Niyadh Vellachalil wrote:

I agree with your statement. Can you suggest a good smart board.

Not really.   All of the "smart" boards I've tried have been lacking in one way or another.   You're probably better off just using a Cisco Webex Board which combines the best functionality of the SX20 and a "Smart" board in to a single device (then you don't have to worry about other integration components).

Unless you have to do everything on-prem, in which case, the Webex Board isn't going to work for you, so just pick whatever "smart" board your end users are comfortable with using.

Wayne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: