Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 with Third Party Camera

bharath01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

Can we Connect Cisco SX20 with 3rd Party Camera???

Since SX20 12X Comes with a Breakout Cable of HDMI + Power & Control.

Only Requirement is for Video. Third party Camera has HDMI Output.

Camera Control & Device Control will be Done by Crestron.

Someone Pls Help on this.....

Thanks & regards,

Bharath 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As long as it's a supported resolution it should work. I personally have used my camcorder as an input on an EX90 and it worked fine. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It should work, the HDMI input is just that, there is nothing proprietary about it. Note the camera input is only video, so you will still need to use the separate input(s) for your audio. Give it a try, my guess is you'll be fine as long as your device is using a supported resolution. I've connected third party cameras to C series no problem, this should work. 

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your Time & Reply.

Actually this Solution is for one of my Client.

Just got an Update from them, they are using Sony Camcorders through HDMI Switcher.

They will be Connecting 3-4 Camcorders to Switcher & Will Switch Accordingly.....

Will SX20 Support??? Only For the Video??? Since VC they will control it through Crestron Mechanism.

Thanks & regards,

Bharath 

As long as it's a supported resolution it should work. I personally have used my camcorder as an input on an EX90 and it worked fine. 

Thanks Patrick...

will tell d same to my client...

Then, It should technically work fine for capturing video with SX20 Also

It is up to them to Verify the functionality of the same....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: