Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 and Dual Touch 10

Can a SX80 support dual Touch10 control panels?

9 Replies 9

Mohammed Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just curious to know about the use case?.

It should work but not supported by Cisco

it is a larger room and they were looking at the Project Workplace that shows two Touch 10's in the room.

https://projectworkplace.cisco.com/#/scenario/city/2/4

And supposedly the Cisco SE "recommended" it.  I just want to be sure that it is really supported.

cecile gallien
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Richard,

I know it's been a long time for this post, but were you able to make it work ? I am in the same situation with a very large room and the customer expects a touch at each side.

Thanks,

Cecile

Cecile,

Found that the SX80 can support more than one Touch 10 at the same time.  I think it is up to 3 but at least 2.  There is an example in the Project Workplace site

https://projectworkplace.cisco.com/#/scenario/city/2/4

Hi

Dual touch panels will work, you actually can have several but as mentioned on another comment, its not supported so if you run into any issues and open a TAC case, we will most likely ask you to only have one connected and disconnect the rest. (I'm on TAC and went down this road once before).

Hope it helps

Hi Randy,

Any changes on the topic since your last post?

I have a project for big rooms where the customer expects to install 3 or more Touch10s per codec.

Now, the codec will be the newest Webex Room Kit Pro. Is the scenario supported?

Best,

Maciej.

From the Admin Guide:

Peripherals Profile TouchPanels

Define the number of Cisco Touch controllers that are expected to be connected to the video system. This information is used by the video system's diagnostics service. If the number of connected Touch controllers does not match this setting, the diagnostics service will report it as an inconsistency.

Requires user role: ADMIN, INTEGRATOR

Default value: Minimum1

Value space: NotSet/Minimum1/0/1/2/3/4/5

NotSet: No touch panel check is performed.

Minimum1: At least one Cisco Touch controller should be connected to the video system.

0-5: Select the number of Touch controllers that are expected to be connected to the video system. Note that only one Cisco Touch controller is officially supported.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Any update on this subject? I also got a customer asking for control from 2 touch panels. Is this supported now?

I don't think Cisco has ever "officially" supported more than one, but they use multiples in their own conference rooms (I am a former employee), and the configuration on the newer endpoints allows up to five - so I think you are good. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: