Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 as third party device

My customer needs to register their SX80 video Endpoint to a no CISCO system on the cloud as a 3rd party SIP device.

When we tried to configure manually external proxy server and provide credentials for registration it does not work.

If we use SX80 wizard we only see VCS/CUCM options for registration.

My question: SX80 can be registered as a 3rd party SIP  device to a no CISCO SIP service provider as we are trying?

I appreciate any comment.

4 Replies 4

Hi,

Yes , you can register SX80 to a 3d-party SIP server.

If you use wizard - you must choose VCS-Registration. Then enter the login and password created early on the 3d-party sip server.

In case manual registration you should use SIP Type - Standard.

BR Oleksandr

Hello, 

Thanks for reply.

From initial tests, customer told me SX80 needs to use port 5062 for registration on SP. 

I understand this is not hard coded to use 5060, and I can change SIP port to something else. Is it right? 

I will test on customer site tomorrow.

Thanks again

Best regards

Hello,

Yes, you can set desirable port for registration in SIP Proxy settings.

BR Oleksandr

Hello Oleksandr.

After a long troubleshooting session with SP we got this:

a) SX80 is registered on SP platform.

b) SX80 can receive calls.

c) SX80 is unable to make any call, every time we try it, call is rejected by Forbidden 403 message.

SP support has checked SX80 configuration, they have accepted that it looks OK, they accepted device is registered but they do not have a clue on what is going on.

Any additional recommendation will be welcomed

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: