Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 Codec HDMI audio

anthonyberry
Level 1
Level 1

Morning all,

Just a quick one, I have three SX80's with a PC connected to HDMI input 2 and three on all units I get no audio on the second input. I have checked the configuration settings and audio is selected to on. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Cheers Anthony

3 Replies 3

gasparaud
Level 1
Level 1

We have not been able to send audio using the HDMI input 1.

My guess would be that it might not support audio on input 1 and 2 but if someone could confirm this...

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HDMI Inputs 1 and 2 are generally used for Cameras and it's recommended that the PC is connected to HDMI 3.  This is mentioned in the SX80 Admin Guide, page 120 - Connecting a computer.

You also need to check that the PC is sending a standard stereo signal down the HDMI and not a Dolby Digital/DTS/WMA/or other encoded audio stream - this is usually the issue from my experience.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if approprate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anthony,

HDMI 1 and 2 audio inputs are disabled by default - you can enable them through xcommand, or through TC Console control:

see page 80 for "xcommand audio localinput AddConnector"

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/sx-series/tc7/api-reference-guide/sx80-api-reference-guide-tc71.pdf

Or you can drag the ports over in TC console to the HDMI input section.

-Jonathan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: