Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 configuration file dump/load

I am working with a government customer that will need to have a codec switch between secure and unsecure modes of operation on the fly.  They apparently don't have any kind of management system in place and I would need to do this from the AMX control system using an RS232 switch that would switch the connection between the secure and unsecure AMX controllers.

My approach would be to manually configure the system in one of the modes and then export the configuration to a file.

When switching modes, I would do a factory reset and then load the specified configuration from the proper AMX controller.

Are there any API commands that do this?  I've not been able to find anything in the documentation, but have worked at sites where TMS was used to do this kind of thing over the network.  (I won't have TMS or access to the network with this site - only RS232 control).  

I've also worked with a site before where a Freeport switch would do what I need to do.  Unfortunately, these guys didn't buy the Freeport switch.

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It isn't possible to download/upload a configuration automatically, a user would have to login to the web interface to do that themselves.  Sounds like your only option is to send API commands via RS232 with the AMX to configure the SX80 with the configurations you need, at the time you need it.  Suggest you take a look at the SX80 API Guides, there might be other methods available to you to access the API, other than via the AMX.

Patrick,  this system is in a secure government area where the network and rs232 connections are physically switched so that the secret and unclassified networks can not touch the codec at the same time.  So if they want to do a secret level VTC I have to switch from the copper ethernet to the fiber secret network after doing a factory reset on the  codec.  After the factory reset is complete I need to rebuild the codec with the configuration for the secret network.  So the users would not be able to use the web browser during this process. (and the customer requires that it be more automatic).  It looks like my only option is to store the configuration commands in a file on the AMX controllers, read them in, and then issue separate xConfiguration commands to reconfigure the system.  

I was hoping for a save config/load config type of API command that would at least build the file for me.

Thanks,

Danny

Hello Patrick. Did you find a solution for your dilema?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: