cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sx80 custom layout missing

david.cantrell1
Level 1
Level 1

My custom layout is missing when I have more than 1 additional attendee.

I have downgraded to TC7.3 since CE8.1.1 will not support custom layouts.

The custom layout is available when I only have 1 attendee and myself but if another caller is added it is not available.

What we are trying to accomplish is having the current speaker on 1 screen and any other attendee on another screen.

We do have Crestron integration.  I am not sure if that is causing me any issues.

11 Replies 11

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you apply your custom layout to each type of call scenario based on the number of participants?  It sounds as if the custom layout is only configured for calls with one participant only, if this is the case, if you add more participants the layout won't apply.

Yes.  The layout applied to all scenarios.  We have bypassed the Crestron DMPS and are still seeing the same issue.

I was thinking that the API code on the Crestron could have possibly be causing issues but bypassing rules that out.

Connect to your endpoint with TC-Console and make sure that your layout is set as the layout for local and remote for all the participant settings (see Capture1 sample of one of ours with "CAA Default" assigned).

Also, check that your layout is defined correctly and has the layout as you want to see it for all the different participant settings (x1, x2, x3) for both local and remote.  Select each of them individually and check that they're all configured correctly (see example Capture2 showing x1 participant Remote view).  Check that you have defined the layout for all the individual combinations.

If all the layouts are defined there correctly, then that is what should be showing on the screen. 

If it's still not working properly after doing that, you can try to set all the layouts back the the default settings, then re-apply the layouts again.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I defaulted everything and tried all of the following versions.  I still cannot have participant 1 on the left display and participant 2 on the right.

Versions tried:

How are you connecting to each participant, is the SX80 hosting a Multisite conference, or are you relying on a TelePresence Server?  If TelePresence Server, is Conductor involved?

If you want to connect to two participants, and have each on their own screen, why don't you upgrade to CE software and use Multistream with TelePresence Server?

We do have TelePresence Server and Conductor is involved.  I am currently on CE8.2.1.

For now, we are calling each endpoint (SX20's) from the SX80 and merging the 2.

Multistream Mode is Auto

IncomingMultisiteCall Mode is Allow

ActiveControl Mode is Off

When I create this call to the 2 SX20's and look in Conductor the SX20's show type as multistream but the SX80 shows type as standard.

You need to have ActiveControl enabled on the endpoint as well as in Conductor (iX Protocol in the conference template advanced parameters) in order to use Multistream with TelePresence Server.

The TC Console Layouts will only work on the TC (7.x) Software - there is no support for the TC style customised layouts on CE (8.x) software.

The layouts are only applicable if you're using the MultiSIte licence on the endpoint.  If you're using a TelePresence Server or MCU to perform your connectivity to multiple participants, the SX80 is only ever connected to ONE site, so will only show the one person layout.  In these cases, you will need to enable multistream as suggested by [@patrick.sparkman].

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

If you're using a TelePresence Server or MCU to perform your connectivity to multiple participants, the SX80 is only ever connected to ONE site, so will only show the one person layout.

Wayne brings up the exact reason I asked how everyone is connected in the conference, as that is a deciding factor of how and when the custom layouts will be available.  To add to the above comment, if a Touch 10 is connected to the SX80 and you're in a call with a Conductor controlled TelePresence Server, the custom layout will appear only if ActiveControl is disabled on the endpoint, and as Wayne mentions, the available layout will only be for a single participant as stated above.

Nil Laskar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

Was it ever working before?

Perhaps, you can first of all start doing factory reset to the layouts from TC Console (please make sure that the custom layout is saved to your PC). Open TC Console again and check the layouts are properly configured as per the requirement for all the scenarios. Connect to the codec and set the layouts. Set the custom layout to Default for both local and remote. Synchronize it. You can also see live layout and check if it works there. Sometimes I have seen if you toggle the layout on the touch panel then it starts showing.

Regards

Nil Laskar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: