Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 Showing Alaram

muazam ali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have Sx80 and suddenly it has started showing Alarm Light and power LED keeps blinking, it does not show any display. what can be the problem

12 Replies 12

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you're able to log into the web interface SX80, there is a troubleshooting page that will tell you what issues the endpoint is throwing an alarm for.

i am unable to access the codec because LAN port is not getting up.

I don't think there is an API to report alarms.  It could be the software is corrupt or has issues booting, or hardware related.  You could try and SSH into the codec and run "selectsw", and switch to a secondary software image and see if it would complete it's boot cycle.

hi patrik,

How am i supposed to take SSH when Network port is not working

Sorry, meant to be serial, not SSH.

If you're not able to access the CLI via serial (115200, N, 8, 1), you'll most likely have to open a TAC case and file an RMA.  If you can access the CLI interface via serial, try the selectsw command, if that doesn't work, try factoryreset.

systemtools selectsw
xCommand SystemUnit FacotryReset

hi Patrik,

I have tried the steps you told but no luck i believe i will have to go for RMA/TAC.

Can you please help me with my another discussion for DX80

I'd try to help with the DX80, but I don't have a background in CUCM, so I won't really be much help.  Sorry.

Let us know what comes of the SX80 when you contact TAC.

sure

alexgarin
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem exactly. LED flashing slowly, and nothing happens. Tried factory reset (hold power button 10 seconds and then press twice) but no effect. Still same issue. No video output on any of the monitors connected. Feels like a dead codec. It is out of warranty - checked. Is there any way to fix that? This is expensive device, why it died like a Chinese cheap electronics?

Hello Alexgarin, 

Did you eventually get that codec up and running?

Seoulhawk
Level 1
Level 1

I had a problem similar to this. I happened to connect it to a cheap dhcp hub to try and see if it would pull an IP. It did and after it pulled the IP it started to work. One of the symptoms was that the touch 10 would keep rebooting itself. I have had several systems do this since upgrading to the latest firmware.  

Thanks Team, I appreciate all your ideas.

Unfortunately I'm going to label this unit and shove it in the back of the cupboard.

The only thing I can think of doing is swapping out the PSU.  Its looks pretty specific so I'm going to wait till another SX80 dies and combine parts...LOL  <Go Frankenstein>

Thanks