Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 standalone

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Hello,

Is it possible to use SX80 as a standalone unit without any call control?

Thanks in advance!

Please rate useful posts.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just did a quick test with one of my SX80 units, took it off GK, and connected to it using its IP address, also made call from it using alias@domain - so yes, it'll work as a standalone - at least if you['re using H.323.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Can't see why not as it is possible to set h.323 call setup mode to "direct".- which means no call control involved.

/jens

I did see that as well but was wondering if anyone has done it. Hate to buy the SX80 and make it an expensive paper weight. 

Given that it runs the same TC software as most of the other newer endpoints, and they're all capable of running standalone, I see no reason that the SX80 would not work when set to "Direct".

If you do a search for "Standalone" you'll find many threads which give details on how to configure these TC series software devices to work in that manner.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Just did a quick test with one of my SX80 units, took it off GK, and connected to it using its IP address, also made call from it using alias@domain - so yes, it'll work as a standalone - at least if you['re using H.323.

/jens

Thanks guys!