cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 with dual camera 20x zoom

muazam ali
Level 1
Level 1

i have cisco sx80 installed and i am using 20X camera as 2nd camera but i am unable to control the camera in D-sub 9 port for camera, cable length is 20 meter, is there any thing that i am missing?

18 Replies 18

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The camera control of the Precision 60 cameras is done over the ethernet connection via the API on the SX80.

The API commands are detailed quite thoroughly in the API Reference Guide (see Pages 102-105).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

As Wayne said, the main camera control is via eithernet, however I know you can use the serial port to use with PHD 4x cameras.  What cameras are you trying to use?  If they are not either a SpeakerTrack 60, Precision 60, PrecisionHD 4x than you won't be able to use the built in VISCA camera control of the SX80.

Given that the OP said they were 20x zoom cameras, they'd have to be the Precision 60 :)

So, they'd need to be controlled via the API, and don't support the serial/visca control that the older PrecisionHD cameras did (1080p12x, 1080p4x, 720p).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Ah, I'm so use to the PHD cameras and 12x zoom, didn't realize the P60 had a x20.  Thanks for the clarification.

Me too.  We have bucket loads of the older ones in various kinds, and only a few of the newer ones so far.

Wayne
--

Wayne

Dear Wayne,

Thanks for your response, can you please guide me which cable can work with 20X camera?

Note: P60, 20X camera is secondary camera

You don't use any control cable with the Precision 60 other than the Ethernet connection to the SX80.  All the control is performed over the Ethernet cable.

SX80 Ethernet1 -> LAN

SX80 Ethernet2 -> 1st Camera

SX80 Ethernet3 -> 2nd Camera

Wayne
--

Wayne

Wayne i have 2 cameras with SX80 primary camera is connected via Ethernet and AP but second camera which is (precision 60 20X) is connected via COM to RJ45 but it is not being controlled by touch.

You need to connect the 2nd Precision 60 camera to the Ethernet port, not the serial port.  They do not support a serial connection as the older 1080p 12x cameras do.

if you have the touch connected directly to the SX80, you may need to connect it as follows:

SX80 Ethernet1 -> LAN

SX80 Ethernet2 -> Touch

SX80 Ethernet3 -> a small switch

Plug Camera 1 and Camera 2 in to the other spare small switch ports.

Its all Ethernet - no serial.

Wayne
--

Wayne

Dear Wayne,

LAN 1 > is being used for Ethernet

LAN 2 > is being for touch panel

LAN 3> is being used for Primary camera

Can you please  help me out that can i use external (POe) switch to plug both cameras?

Was in the process of editing my previous post as you replied.  As above, and mentioned in the Install Guide, you need to add a small switch between the LAN3 and the two cameras.

Wayne
--

Wayne

thank you so much for for your help now i just have final questions :)

1. from where can i rate your answers?

2. is it necessary to use POE switch or normal switch can work?

3. should i use standard straight ethernet cable or do i need to change the combination?

Happy to be of assistance.  That's what these forums are all about.

To answer you last questions:

1) You can rate each post with the little stars under them.

2) Just a normal switch.  You do not need PoE.

3) Standard Straight Through Ethernet cables work.

Wayne
--

Wayne

What is the part number for Power Cube for P60 Camera, as It will not power up if I only connect it to SX80 Codec ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: