cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 with more than 3 P60 Cameras

KBooth
Level 1
Level 1

I understand the SX80 was designed to work with 2 cameras and content or 3 cameras total.  I also understand that camera ID is assigned at boot up via the HDMI connector.  However, is it possible to run more than three via  a 4 or more by 2 HDMI matrix switch that routes two of the cameras HDMIs to the cam1 and cam2 input of the SX80 and all the LAN connections via an ethernet switch to the SX80.  When different camera connections are selected the "xconfiguration  Cameras Camera 1 AssignedSerialNumber: "xxxxxxxx" and "xconfiguration  Cameras Camera 2 AssignedSerialNumber: "xxxxxxxx" commands be sent to the codec via a 3rd party controller (AMX / Crestron) with the serial numbers of the new cameras selected?  If I assign the camera serial numbers on the fly, changing them as I change cameras, would it then allow the codec to control the selected cameras and in theory allow for more than 3 cameras to be used?

I reference information from the following post.
https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12708726/cts-sx80-edid-manual-configuration

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It might be easier connecting all the cameras to an unmanaged switch that is then connected to either LAN 2 or 3 of the SX80, while you have the camera's video go into an external video switch that outputs to the camera 1 input on SX80.  For camera control, you'll use your control processor to control the cameras through the codecs API using xCommand Camera PositionSet or Ramp.

Note, this is untested, but a working theory.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: