Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 with Samsung screens

dct
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

I wondered if anyone has come across any compatibility issues between Cisco codecs and Samsung screens? Specifically an SX80 & a Samsung DM65D. My set up is an SX80 & a Touch 10 outputting to 2 x Samsung DM65D’s. When the  Touch 10 is pressed to wake the system, either the left screen or the right screen will not turn on. Its intermittent and probably happens about 1 in every 10 times you wake the system. Only one of the screens won’t turn on, either the left or right but most of the time they both turn on.

They are being turned on via CEC which is enabled on the SX80 and on the screens. Codec is running software version ce9.2.3.3ba381b. I have another system with an SX80 and 1 x  DM65D which does not have this issue.

Brief overview of overall troubleshooting

• Both screens have all settings matched to single screen room.
  • Firmware is update to on Samsung screen
  • EDID was disabled on screens but has been enabled
  • All “sleep /eco / power saving” settings etc. have been changed , adjusted etc. to the point that the screens are essential always on minus an video image  when the codec goes to sleep.

When this happens , it seems to be that only one screen is getting a CEC command from one of the outputs and not the other. If the other screen doesn’t turn on you need to switch on with the Samsung remote. Are they are any advance settings on the codec for further CEC configureation or tools that can monitor if it's sending a CEC command from both outputs?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

zeuscyril
Level 4
Level 4

hi 

9.2.3 is deferred release please try to upgrade stable version and check and CEC on SX80 as well

What do you mean by a deferred release? This is the latest version we are allowed to run.

defered release means it has lot of bugs and need to be upgraded. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/ce9/release-notes/CE913-CE914-CE915-CE921-CE922-CE923-CE924-CE930-deferral-notice.pdf

check this link there is defered notice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: