cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T38 Faxing to Call Manager 7.1

spizzo
Level 1
Level 1

So in my environment I have Call Manager 7.1, with a PRI gateway configured for MGCP.

Recently a fax server (FAXCOM) was deployed and when setting it up I originally thought I would just terminate the H323 T38 fax calls (used for outbound only) on the gateway by making it a hybrid H323/MGCP gateway, but quickly realized this didn't work because the PRI is registered to call manager.

So, instead of sending the H323 T38 calls to the gateway directly, I'd like to sent them to Call Manager to be processed through the MGCP registered PRI. Would this just be a matter of configuring a H323 gateway for the fax server, and Call Manager would accept the calls and take care of the rest? Anything I would need to configure outside of that?

Thanks ahead of time for any insight on this.

1 Reply 1

Ming Yuan Chiu
Level 4
Level 4

I believe there are multiple ways of setting it up.  You can configure your FAXCOM server as a H323 gateway or as a SIP trunk.  Either way, you would need to set up a route pattern for the DID's or DN's you have set as your fax numbers to route through the gateway/trunk you have as your FAXCOM server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: