Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg 3000 MXP Profile Update

edgarmenmor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello People

I have come with you to ask if you know how to update software on Tandberg 3000 MXP, I have tried to update the software through WEB application, but when i try to install the update, the screen  showed me "fail update the system", I have try to update with the new TelePresence Software F 9.3.1 and old software but in all case showed the same message.

I hope some help me to know how to update o what i have done bad.

Thanks          

5 Replies 5

Ashwani Pande
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Edgar,

Please confirm the current software version of the system.

Please confirm are you doing this upgrade remotely and might be network causing this issue?

If the system is with you. You can give a try  using FTP software upgrade and let me know how it goes.

  Open Command prompt

  Change the directory, if necessary by using “cd” command

For example, software folder locates under C drive on PC, then cd C\software

  ftp

  Type software Release Key in “User:”

  Type password in “Password:”.Default password is TANDBERG unless changed.

  hash

  bin

  put (or put )

For example, put s50000f72.pkg

  Wait for completion of file transfer.

  bye

  Reboot the codec manually by remote controller, from Web GUI, from telnet session, etc.

Hi Edgar

There are 2 possiblities for this issue ,

1. Are you using correct release key which is required for upgrade ?

2. Wrong software  : use software s50000xx which is enceypted software ( s50001xx is non encrypted and required diff release key )

Kind regards,

Dharmmesh

Fully agree with Dharmmesh (btw, is it mm or m, your kind regards and your cisco name differ)

But checking if the file is worth a try

(check the md5 sum with the one mentioned on the cisco download site) or sometimes a web proxy breaks something.

Also check hat the right upgrade procdure is used, there are two upgrde options, but only one is for the endpoint :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Dear all

Thanks for your fast answer

About the question of Ashwani Pande, let me comment you that the current software version is F7.0 NTSC

The new software version that i have tried to update is, s50000f9_3_1.pkg

Before try to update  through FTP I would ask if the software that i have "s50000f9" is correct to apply in this device.

Moreover, after looking online, the release key for the specific software version is required. and If i do not have the key for software version 9.3.1, then it will not allow you to install it.

I can see in CISCO support  that this device don't have any more support, can you tell me if CISCO still can give me the key or i need purchasing an "SmartNet" to get this.

Thanks for your feedback

Edgar Mendoza wrote:

I can see in CISCO support  that this device don't have any more support, can you tell me if CISCO still can give me the key or i need purchasing an "SmartNet" to get this.

Thanks for your feedback

Since you are running an earlier version of the software you can get a free upgrade to F9.x;

All you have to do is e-mail

licensing@cisco.com

- this is what I sent quite a while back now - feel free to copy and  paste as it's important you have the correct references etc in the e-mail. I received all RKs in return e-mail shortly thereafter, no  questions asked.

Please issue release keys to upgrade the following MXP videoconferencing  systems to software version F9.1 in accordance with Cisco security  policy regarding DoS vulnerable videoconferencing systems; see

http://tools.cisco.com/security/cent...10831-tandberg

which states:

"Cisco TelePresence C Series Endpoints, E/EX Personal Video units, and  MXP Series Codecs that are running software versions prior to TC4.0.0 or  F9.1 contain a vulnerability that could allow an attacker to cause a  denial of service. Cisco has released free software updates that address  this vulnerability."

unquote

Then I listed the serial numbers and the current software version of the systems requiring upgrade.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark questions as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.