cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg 6000 MXP Call Video Source missing

Darren McKinnon
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon, I've have a 6000 MXP running F9.3.1 and has been for some time now.  It has recently been discovered that the Call video source is not the camera we want displayed.  When I checked the list of options, only a few of the available inputs were actually there.  Video 1, PC, VNC, and Current are there, but not Video 2. 

I want Video 2 as my Call video source, and I'm quite certain it has been set that way in the past, or I would have heard about it sooner.  I down graded to F9.3, but that did not make a difference.  I have confirmed that Start up source, and snap shot source all have the correct options.

After checking several other MXP systems running F9.3.1, I see they also are showing the same thing.  Is there anything I can do to make Call Video Source use Video 2?

Darren           

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hmm interesting. The MXP admin guide for F9 shows at least that it should be possible to set,

but I also see that it only supports only specific sources:

also via

xConfiguration CallVideoSource ?

*h xConfiguration CallVideoSource: <0/1/5/6>

The presentation or startup source works for all:

Did you try what happen if you set the main source to current and the startup source to aux/video2 and reboot and place a call.

Maybe somebody else has some other idea, if not and you have a service contract you could think of filing a

case to TAC. Anyhow keep us updated if you find a solution outside this thread.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

The TAC engineer escalated the question to someone above him, and was told that no further work will be done to the MXP software.  They suggested that I change my cameras so my primary camera is on input 1.  Not helpful when your codec is controlled by a crestron and you had to pay someone to program that crestron.

Darren

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hmm interesting. The MXP admin guide for F9 shows at least that it should be possible to set,

but I also see that it only supports only specific sources:

also via

xConfiguration CallVideoSource ?

*h xConfiguration CallVideoSource: <0/1/5/6>

The presentation or startup source works for all:

Did you try what happen if you set the main source to current and the startup source to aux/video2 and reboot and place a call.

Maybe somebody else has some other idea, if not and you have a service contract you could think of filing a

case to TAC. Anyhow keep us updated if you find a solution outside this thread.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Check your Video Configuration:

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

I can see all the sources listed on one of the 6000 MXPs I have around here.  The labels on the Main Source are the same as on the video confiuration screens shown above by Martin and Jens.

On the presentation screen, as indicated by Martin, I only see the Call Video Sources as Current, Main, Laptop and VNC... although they all appear int he Startup Source.

Could you possibly set your "Startup Source" be the "Video 2" source, and Call Source then could be "Current"... as long as your users don't go swapping the sources around too much, that could work...

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Darren McKinnon
Level 1
Level 1

I do still have a service contract on this, but as you show above, Martin, all of my MXPs only have 4 options for Call video source.  I have set it to Current, and know that I will have users leave that room with the system set to PC, but that will happen less than the call coming in and changing to the wrong input.

I doubt Cisco will do any thing about this since I don't think there is any more programming happening on the MXP software.  am I wrong?  I will still contact to see if anything can be done.

HI Darren.

Do not 100% recall if you could at some point select these sources.

At leas the latest guide which is for F9 (page 48) states that it should be there:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/mxp-series/f9/administration_guide/mxp_series_administrator_guide_f90_excl-full-menu-structure.pdf

Control Panel > Presentation Settings >

CALL VIDEO SOuRCE

The Call Video Source is the default video source you would prefer to use in a call. The number of choices are dependent of what video sources are available for your system. Select the default Call Video Source to be used in a call:

MAIN CAM: The Main Camera (the default setting) will be used as the default call video source every time you make a call, regardless of what the previous video source was.

DOC CAM: The document camera will be used as the default call video source every time you make a call, regardless of what the previous video source was.

PC: The main PC will be used as the default call video source every time you make a call, regardless of what the previous video source was.

AuX: The main AUX will be used as the default call video source every time you make a call, regardless of what the previous video source was.

VNC: The VNC will be used as the default call video source every time you make a call, regardless of what the previous video source was.

VCR: The VCR will be used as the default call video source every time you make a call, regardless of what the previous video source was.

CuRRENT: If you set Current as the call video source, the system will start with whatever the previous video source was.

Maybe using current is the answer.

As no one from Cisco has given a feedback here yet and as you have a service contract,

why dont you escalate this thread as a Service request to Cisco Tac and update us what they said.

I doubt Cisco will do any thing about this since I don't think there is any more programming happening on the MXP software.  am I wrong?  

According to the End-of-Sale notice for the 6000 MXP codecs, the End of SW Maintenance is 14 May 2014 - so there may still be a chance to get it fixed in the software.

As another possible work around for your issue - are you able to swap the video inputs around on the back of the codec so that your current "Video 2" source is on one of the selectable inputs?

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Here is the response from TAC.  I've followed up with the info from the End of sale notice and am waiting for a response.

Hello Darren,

I did some research and noticed the following:

CALL VIDEO SOURCE

The Call Video Source is the default video source you would prefer to use in a call. The number of

choices are dependent of what video sources are available for your system.

And also noticed the following from the API reference guide:

CallVideoSource

Value space: <0/1/5/6>

The Call Video Source is the default call video source you would prefer to use in a call.

Example: xconfiguration callvideosource: 0

Those will be the options that we have for this specific codec, you can find the API reference guide in the next link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/mxp-series/f9/api_reference_guide/mxp_codec3000-6000_api_reference_guide_f90.pdf

The TAC engineer escalated the question to someone above him, and was told that no further work will be done to the MXP software.  They suggested that I change my cameras so my primary camera is on input 1.  Not helpful when your codec is controlled by a crestron and you had to pay someone to program that crestron.

Darren

Thx for the (negative) feedback.

It might also not help you as the video source 1 is the hd cam and you need aux1 which is video/s-video

if I recall it right?

I think a c60 or c90 can be very nice with multiple sources.